Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 262930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: RB Leipzig v Liverpool (CL Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I know substitutes are brought on to change a teams fortunes, but it's hard for anyone to come on so late in a game and make an immediate impact, especially with how quick the game is played these days. Sometimes it works, alot of the time it won't. Games will just pass them by in the 15-20 minutes time they get.
    Oh for sure - it's definitely difficult for them to join a match and add much.

Won't deny that I find myself subscribing more and more to the idea that "the best ability is availability" and that I would like to wean out a couple of our more injury-prone players mind. Those two are definitely high on that list at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Yes we were 'decent', but we weren't great. That combined with Leipzig being poor is why we've come away with a good result. Make no mistake, if Leipzig hadn't kept giving the ball away and had offered up any kind of reasonable threat up front, I think we'd be going into the second leg in a much less favourable position.
    Come on! We've been a shit run of form and all you can say is that if the opposition had played better they might have won?
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Come on! We've been a shit run of form and all you can say is that if the opposition had played better they might have won?
    I'm just offering up an alternative appraisal of the game to balance out those that in my opinion are getting a tad carried away.

Just a little additional side-thought tonight.

That demolition job that Barca were subjected to might just provide an extra percentage or so in the "reasons to stay" list for Gini

I've tended to be a bit jovial of late...We have bee shit.. But once we get a settled back line and have VVD back in there and back to his best. Fabinho and Henderson+another back in midfield. we will get our solidarity back.
    Then we need to get start being more patient and win games the sensible way. Right now we are back to front to quickly.
    We need to add to the front line. Another centre forward and a wide man.. Then hopefully things will look brighter.
    Not gonna win the league this season. which is obvious, hopefully man-city will get 88/90 points . Knowing that will ease the disappointment for me..It was unlikely we were going to match that points tally again this season anyway.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I've tended to be a bit jovial of late...We have bee shit.. But once we get a settled back line and have VVD back in there and back to his best. Fabinho and Henderson+another back in midfield. we will get our solidarity back.
    Then we need to get start being more patient and win games the sensible way. Right now we are back to front to quickly.
    We need to add to the front line. Another centre forward and a wide man.. Then hopefully things will look brighter.
    Not gonna win the league this season. which is obvious, hopefully man-city will get 88/90 points . Knowing that will ease the disappointment for me..It was unlikely we were going to match that points tally again this season anyway.
    The same name keeps cropping up regarding a winger, though i can't remember who it is, or who he plays for. It's on the BBC gossip column regularly.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    The same name keeps cropping up regarding a winger, though i can't remember who it is, or who he plays for. It's on the BBC gossip column regularly.
    raphina?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    raphina?
    I don't think so Kev, i think the one i mean plays in a different league.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Yes i think thats his name.. been others mentioned as well. Its very hard to know what player will be good enough and who won't. Glad its not down to me to chose
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century