Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: RB Leipzig v Liverpool (CL Match Thread)

Our lads deserve every credit for last night's result and performance, we didn't play as well as in other recent games because we played a specific game plan that isn't how we usually play, we sat a lot deeper, the press and counter press we're used to seeing in the final third was in the middle of the park to try and nick it to release Mo or Mane or nick it when they tried to play out and it worked, might not have been the best watch, but i don't give a fuck 2-0
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    10 first team squad players unavailable for selection, think it’s pretty obvious that is what I meant.

VVD, Matip, Fabinho, Jota, Keita, Kelleher, Gomez, Milner and Origi is 9, can’t remember the other off the top of my head.
    Fair comment but apart from the 3 (VVD.Gomez.Fabinho) i mentioned the rest are just squad / subs not our actual 1st 11 was my point that's all

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Fair comment but apart from the 3 (VVD.Gomez.Fabinho) i mentioned the rest are just squad / subs not our actual 1st 11 was my point that's all
    Having to move your best midfielders into Centreback also depletes the squad.
    Jota was our player of the season before his injury.
    Our injury list has been horrendous with all the chopping and changing . We've had 16 different centreback pairings this season, played 3 different keepers. Is it any wonder we are were we are.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Having to move your best midfielders into Centreback also depletes the squad.
    Jota was our player of the season before his injury.
    Our injury list has been horrendous with all the chopping and changing . We've had 16 different centreback pairings this season, played 3 different keepers. Is it any wonder we are were we are.
    I am understanding of all that mate and realize under the circumstances part of the reasons we are where we are i was just pointing out we have been playing 8 of our 1st 11 albeit most often not in their proper positions.
    I actually misunderstood the missing 10 player scenario

Fab's just squad now surely? Hendo at CM last season P15 W15 this season P12 W12 he doesn't get in CM ahead of Gini either based on his form there since he returned from injury last season

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Fab's just squad now surely? Hendo at CM last season P15 W15 this season P12 W12 he doesn't get in CM ahead of Gini either based on his form there since he returned from injury last season
    Think that depends who he is replaced with as with Hendo as you say we have played mostly better with Fab in the lineup.Didn't think Gomez was playing well before his injury.
    Not a fan of Gini to be honest think his mind is away at Barca more than here and it often shows
    Last edited by fagin; 17th February 2021 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    ......and there we have it!
    Its took months and thread after thread but you have finally admitted it. You see Fabinho as a squad player.
    Not sure Klopp agrees though.

Think that depends who he is replaced with as with Hendo as you say we have played mostly better with Fab in the lineup.Didn't think Gomez was playing well before his injury.
    Not a fan of Gini to be honest think his mind is away at Barca more than here and it often shows
    I get a lot of grief for my Fab opinions, he was very good his first season, it's not about Hendo or Fab, it's about the team, players keeping the shirt when they've come in and been better, but how long can Fabinho and his avid fans keep dining out on his performances in his first season or the first third of last season until another player came in and did better?

I don't give a fuck how unpopular my opinion is, since he came back from his injury last season he has been nowhere near his previous levels ands even further from Henderson's best levels

Look at this season, this fucking season, with where we are and everything that's happened, Hendo at CM P12 W12, there's just no credible argument for Fab at CM

Leipzig are a very good team, they were always going to create chances, they are extremely good at playing high level switches, centre to right, centre to left and manipulating teams by playing patterns of centre to left, back to centre, immediately centre to right, back to centre, centre to left, it's how they absolutely ripped the filthy in their second meeting and one of the reasons I wanted more players with very good ability at playing top quality switches in the summer and still think we need another 2 with that ability in midfield as switches are very important to how we play and especially breaking down PTB teams, it;s criminal we still only have Hendo and now Thiago and on the very rare occasion Jones or Milner (although neither of theirs are anything like near the same quality) in our entire arsenal of midfielders who can play high quality switches

That working it into an area, back to centre and immediate switch to Mane or Mo on either flank keeping the width or direct switch right to left or left to right from either full back is what enabled us to get overloads on the opposite side and break down park the bus sides far easier last season, the switches have all but disappeared from our play this season
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 17th February 2021 at 12:40 PM.

Possibly but 4 don't equal 10 in any math scenario plus Jota is only and has only been a Sub in our 1st 11.
    Lets not manufacture our 1st 11 injury list to suit every occasion some on here want to keep doing.

Gomez Fabinho and Van Dijk are the only 1st 11 players missing period !!!

Matip Jota and Thiago are and have been Subs
    I'd have Fab, Hendo, Jota, back 5 and front 3 personally to make up our best 11 or first team. Probably play Bobby 10 and Jota Cf.