Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Everton

Alisson

Trent Kabak Davies Robertson

Wijnaldum Fab Henderson

Salah Firmino Mane

Play cb's at CB

Play the midfield that made us dominate the league / win the champions league

Control the game as much as possible

Mina has gone off injured, another injury for everton which is good news for us.

If I could turn back time ...

..............CLEMENCE

NEAL HUGHES THOMPSON SMITH

CASE SOUNESS MCMAHON

...........GERRARD

.......THOSHACK RUSH

This team to do a job 😉

Not sure if we finish with 10 on the field but nor will they 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    If I could turn back time ...

..............CLEMENCE

NEAL HUGHES THOMPSON SMITH

CASE SOUNESS MCMAHON

...........GERRARD

.......THOSHACK RUSH

This team to do a job ��

Not sure if we finish with 10 on the field but nor will they ��
    Apart from Gerrard's time here, those games were known as the friendly derby. Can't say that now, but i can't remember when it all changed.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Apart from Gerrard's time here, those games were known as the friendly derby. Can't say that now, but i can't remember when it all changed.
    I've heard people venture Moyes and Duncan, not that I've followed the history much myself.

The Friendly Derby..

It was always one of the most hotly contested games - record for Red cards I think. The friendly Derby was coined due to fans being so often mixed in the stands etc - and there never being any true animosity.

Once the whistle went it was always a battle for the players. A game my old fella would hide from fearing injury - even back in the 60’s and 70’s

dicko’a team would do the job however..!

The friendly part always referred to the fans, that all changed after Heysel in ‘85 when the resulting ban prevented Everton from playing in the European Cup and for me after Hillsboro and their fans subsequent disgusting behaviour, mimicking people crushed up against the fences.
    Have enjoyed every defeat of theirs ever since. In recent years their abhorrent behaviour on the pitch has only strengthened that feeling.

Spot on Miller... there’s nothing friendly about this derby.

My biggest fear is who’s going to get knobbled at the weekend. Last night Richarlison was charging around like a man possessed, diving into challenges, mostly late. Davies is my other candidate to break a leg. We need to keep a calm head and hope and pray for a decent job from the referee.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Best revenge would be to hammer them 5-0

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Spot on Miller... there’s nothing friendly about this derby.

My biggest fear is who’s going to get knobbled at the weekend. Last night Richarlison was charging around like a man possessed, diving into challenges, mostly late. Davies is my other candidate to break a leg. We need to keep a calm head and hope and pray for a decent job from the referee.
    That is my worry all the time we play this lot.

As much as I dislike United I never worry they will try to injure our players

Last seasons game at Anfield was unbelievable from start to finish. Even before the match there was an almighty gasp on the concourse when the team news was announced on the TV screens. Then everyone said "we'll still beat them "!!
    The confidence in that team was unbelievable even with a few squad players starting and us the fans loved it.
    A win on Saturday could maybe get us back to at least 75% of that confidence following the win in Europe and set us up for a good run in for the rest of the season.
    We have to win, nothing else will do.