Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Champions League refs

Surprise surprise, Champions League refs get a bashing for being absolute shite and it's Anthony Taylor and his mob
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Tonight's ref in our game was again excellent, got 1 or 2 free kicks wrong either way, which you expect, that's completely normal, it is just so refreshing playing in the Champions League watching a very well and normally officiated game that's a level playing field for both sides, it's all any manager player or fan can ask for

Really refreshing to see Mo, Mane and Jota make their runs and play a game of football without opposition players being allowed to continually foul them too, if players from a lot of Prem teams carried on as they do in the Champions League they be down to 8 or 9 players by half time, the bitters have European aspirations, Ancelotti's a great manager but if there took how they've been playing the last 2 seasons into Europe they'd be whalloped with some serious disciplinary issues

Same with Villa and Leicester, the English player bias of officials giving them free kicks for their numerous dives a game does them no favours, it could help them into Europe sure, but those dives are going to be yellow cards for simulation in Europe and on international duty

I think the Premier League FA and refs association need to get their heads together and have a serious rethink about what they've been doing and what they allow to go on in the Prem and clean up their act, they're not doing the English clubs, players or national side any favours, they're setting them up to fail outside of the Prem
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 11th March 2021 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Surprise surprise, Champions League refs get a bashing for being absolute shite and it's Anthony Taylor and his mob
    People in glass houses and all that.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

The refs we have had so far have been excellent. But you always expect to get pernickety official somewhere along the line.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

It was no surprise when I heard that the ref in the city southampton game was Jon Moss. Any ref can make the odd mistake, but he consistently makes errors. i haven't seen the Phil Foden clear penalty that wasn't given because he didn't hit the deck. I am guessing Jon Moss was nowhere near the incident, because he is overweight and can't keep up with play. So he misses loads of things. Am I right?

Moss was excellent in our game v Sheff UTD he does make mistakes for the reasons you state, but at least his are honest mistakes

Wasn't it him that sent off Mane against Ederson?
    And that bizarre game against spurs at anfield with the harry kane penalty.
    Although I used to think he was biased against us, but realised he is just very error-prone.

The officials in the Utd game have made a poor error in disallowing a Milan goal for a hand ball m, that even Paul Scholes says wasn’t hand ball.
    Really poor when you have VAR to make such mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    The officials in the Utd game have made a poor error in disallowing a Milan goal for a hand ball m, that even Paul Scholes says wasn’t hand ball.
    Really poor when you have VAR to make such mistakes
    I actually thought it was for a foul throw at the time. The angle of the camera was poor and It didn't look a hand ball.

Mane goal v Leipzig looked slightly offside. He was ahead of ORIGI.
    It was nice for a change for that decision not be fine combed... lines made bigger and wiggly lines.
    If that was a EPL game ... for sure offside.