Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Champions League refs

Champions League refs

Only saw our game and the Barca PSG highlights, those refs completely showed up how bent Premier League officials have been this season, watching games you feel they give the opposition every call and can't wait to give them a big game changing call, people try and rubbish that, but when you watch both those games last night and none of the four sides or their fans can have any complaints, it it really shows our bent lot up for what they are
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

The only slight benfit of the doubt i give Premier League officials is that it could be cultural as in their decision making is flawed and biased through our media going after certain teams

I'd prefer foreign refs to fficiate in each others leagues on rotation if i'm honest

Think the standard is far higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    The only slight benfit of the doubt i give Premier League officials is that it could be cultural as in their decision making is flawed and biased through our media going after certain teams

I'd prefer foreign refs to fficiate in each others leagues on rotation if i'm honest
    Good idea on the foreign refs - would allow the best refs to ref the bigger leagues.

Big 5 leagues - best 50 refs - incentives, promotion and relegation for refs.

What about the Ref in the Championship squaring up to a Ipswich player ? Proper oder that , I remember Collina doing it a few years ago and for aplauded for it.
    Proper local park reffing, take no shit !!

I have seen some refs in the champions league that make skin crawl.The guy that refereed our second champions league final against Milan. he was a complete tosser. He slowed the game down so slowly it was stop start every few seconds.
    The referee last night was excellent, he didnt fall for the pretend fouls and he booked everyone correctly
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

What about that Norwegian ref who robbed Chelsea in their semi final against Barca. Outrageous, but I laughed like hell.

Honestly the standard of refereeing in the Champions League and Europa League is so much better than the prem, pretty much most decisions are right, there's none of this 'subjective' bollocks, pretty much all the big free kick and penalty decisions are right, it makes even random games far more enjoyable to watch, what you expect to br a free kick or pen pretty much always is and what you don't expect to be pretty much always isn't, especially the players running into an opponent and throwing themselves to ground when they have nowhere to go, European refs just tell the twats to get up

Like the filthy's pen v Newcastle, a European ref would book the Manc twat for diving as they would have Calvert-Lewin

The standard of refereeing in these 2 competitions and honesty of it makes a complete mockery of this subjective bullshit

I'm sure everyone remembers the low down we used to and do still sometimes get on European refs pre match, card happy for soft fouls, easily conned by divers, quick to point to the spot, THAT is what subjective actually means, their personal tastes and opinions, and they had those reps because they were known for them, as i said in the other thread, subjective can't be used as an excuse for a ref who gave a pen last week not to give a pen for exactly the same foul in the same area the next, if you hate marmite, you hate marmite, you don't hate it and suddenly like it a week later

'Subjective' is just a buzz word that's been introduced into officiating to explain away corrupt decisions, introduced in the second season of VAR when they realised it took away their ability to influence the outcomes of games after the first, hardly coincidental

I think FIFA and UEFA have a responsibility and duty of care now VAR is here to make more detailed and stringent interpretations on fouls, penalties especially to nip all this 'subjective bollocks in the bud before it gets further out of hand

Remember in the final third of last season i warned they were beginning to use and administer VAR incorrectly and it was at that time they introduced their buzz word 'subjective' i never heard it once prior to the first lockdown