Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The weekend's other ganes 20/02/21

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    They did recuperate about 45 million on Sane. Thats about it..
    Yeah they did found that weird as he used to scare the shit out of me when he played.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    We sold who we wanted rid of and brought in who we wanted in. Same as them. We got the best midfielder in Europe from the previous season and a 40m up and coming forward and a bit of competition for lb. we should have bought a wc cb in hindsight and left Thiago where he was.
    I agree on that, but our finances, made it so we didnt over spend. Man-city did by a huge margin.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I can understand world football (ie leagues all over Europe mostly) Not going mad and spending like its going out of style over the last year.
    So that may explain why we didnt so similar. To me thats kinda acceptable. I would be pissed off personally if we don't compete for the best players in the summer coming though.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I can understand world football (ie leagues all over Europe mostly) Not going mad and spending like its going out of style over the last year.
    So that may explain why we didnt so similar. To me thats kinda acceptable. I would be pissed off personally if we don't compete for the best players in the summer coming though.
    We need 3-4 new players that is for sure.

I worry we not be able to shift some of the bench players though unless we top up their salary.

We need a CB and striker as priority.

what's the excuse for last few seasons then, when you know we was a great- and should of spent money to stay on top....and keep it fresh

I tell you what they got too tight, and over-confident because of doing well.

This season is the effects of last 3-4 windows

we stood still, look what happens.

Signing just fucking Minamino who we've now loaned out, great that, brilliant.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 21st February 2021 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    what's the excuse for last few seasons then, when you know we was a great- and should of spent money to stay on top....and keep it fresh

I think they think they’ve reinvented the wheel and found a way of winning regular titles without necessarily spending too much. As you say when you get to the top the hardest part is staying there. That doesn’t come cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post

Signing just fucking Minamino who we've now loaned out, great that, brilliant.
    I don’t know,why don’t you send them an email and ask them ��

They didn’t think they needed to and the trophies will show they were right.

As we all know moneyball doesn’t work long term in terms of winning things hard cash is king as proven in other European leagues as well as our own.

We will sign players I am confident of that we could be in some bother shifting some imo as smaller clubs won’t be spending a fortune.

Might be some creative deals over the summer all over Europe with Covid like swap deals or loan deals with permanent transfers in 1-2 years time.

Obviously City and PSG can just slap down £50m for a player and it not worry them but 99% of clubs cannot do that.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    We need 3-4 new players that is for sure.

I worry we not be able to shift some of the bench players though unless we top up their salary.

We need a CB and striker as priority.
    3 or 4 new players?
    We got 3 in the summer and 2 in January. We need 3 or 4 very good players, we simply are not getting them.
    The Greek lad was a total waste of money. He hasnt been used at all in order to give Robbo a break which tells its own story.
    Jota got injured fair enough do let's see how he is when he comes back and Thiago we will see next season wether he's been a dud or not. I was buzzing when we signed him but I'm not sure he's who or what we thought or needed. Time will tell.
    Add to the all of the above we have players out injured who we are banking on coming back in the form they showed previously. We have players out injured regularly or simply not good enough sat on massive contracts who are robbing it, we won't shift them or if we do we take a massive hit which affects who we can buy.
    Players like Hendo are getting older, Milner might go,Gini is already packed to go.
    All of the above added to also not making the top 4.
    Things are not rosy as we thought and theres a major drive by FSG required to keep us where we are.

Things can change quickly in football, we know that better than anyone over the last 30 odd years of supporting LFC, who would have thought this would happen? Nobody in their right mind would have predicted such a slump and right now my biggest worry is next season. I cant see it being a case of getting back on the horse and everything being as was. Who knows wether whats going on now is going to have a lasting effect? Unlikely but not impossible.
    A negative post I know but my optimism is diminishing with every game.
    Last edited by teesred; 21st February 2021 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    3 or 4 new players?
    We got 3 in the summer and 2 in January. We need 3 or 4 very good players, we simply are not getting them.
    The Greek lad was a total waste of money. He hasnt been used at all in order to give Robbo a break which tells its own story.
    Jota got injured fair enough do let's see how he is when he comes back and Thiago we will see next season wether he's been a dud or not. I was buzzing when we signed him but I'm not sure he's who or what we thought or needed. Time will tell.
    Add to the all of the above we have players out injured who we are banking on coming back in the form they showed previously. We have players out injured regularly or simply not good enough sat on massive contracts who are robbing it, we won't shift them or if we do we take a massive hit which affects who we can buy.
    Players like Hendo are getting older, Milner might go,Gini is already packed to go.
    All of the above added to also not making the top 4.
    Things are not rosy as we thought and theres a major drive by FSG to keep us where we are.

Things can change quickly in football, we know that better than anyone over the last 30 odd years of supporting LFC, who would have thought this would happen? Nobody in their right mind would have predicted such a slump and right now my biggest worry is next season. I cant see it being a case of getting back on the horse and everything being as was. Who knows wether whats going on now is going to have a lasting effect? Unlikely but not impossible.
    A negative post I know but my optimism is diminishing with every game.
    We will mate be positive.

I think the Greek will play at Sheff Utd he isn’t bad at all in the games he has played he is a back up remember.

We will sign a CB for sure 100%.

I think we will bring in a midfielder and forward player too.

Some will get moved on.

City no great shakes since ht. Arsenal have a chance of pinching a point now. City have let them off the hook