Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The weekend's other ganes 20/02/21

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Kabak is shite I know this as Carragher told me on Saturday.

You know a young kid who hasnt been at the club 3 weeks and expected to be like Maldini.
    Early signs are he'll be a much better CB than he ever was, not really a high ceiling to reach mind
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Talk about smash and grab.
    Brighton 75% possession with 25 shots and 5 on target v 25% with 3 shots and 2 on target. Benteke with a one in a hundred volley across the keeper to win it in the 95th minute.

Early signs for me are that he’ll be back at Schalke in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Unfortunately not as he is an excellent defender. I also feel the same about gomez. We need to replace matip and get another in with virgil (unless kabak or Davies come good).
    We have too many injury prone players and the list is growing due to this seasons packed schedule.
    Disagree, as long as he knows he is not first choice. Its not easy to find top player whos willing to sit on the bench. Yes he can't play 5-6 games in a row but as long as we have someone else at least as good as lovren (but preferably young) it should be fine. This season is pretty exceptional with CB injuries but we cant go out and just buy 2 top CBs.

We knew we were going to let Lovren go so in that time should have been seriously looking for a top young CB for a reasonable price. We have Kabak now but thats obviously desperation of what was available and cheap, regardless of how the club want to spin it.

We desperately need a real striker in the mould of wolves Jimenez who is top class in the 'firminho role'.
    Also need to replace Gini, another full back as it doesn't seem like tsimikis is good enough (has he even playeda 'serious' game?)
    I also think we need another Jota type, someone like Neto!

Alot of players to clear out too, inc Origi, Ox, shaq, Adrian and maybe Naby if we get a good deal.
    Last edited by toshin; 23rd February 2021 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    We desperately need a real striker in the mould of wolves Jimenez who is top class in the 'firminho role'.
    Also need to replace Gini, another full back as it doesn't seem like tsimikis is good enough (has he even playeda 'serious' game?)
    I also think we need another Jota type, someone like Neto!

Alot of players to clear out too, inc Origi, Ox, shaq, Adrian and maybe Naby if we get a good deal.
    I feel it's early days still. Had Covid, had the knee issue, had the thigh issue, is competing with Andy Robertson - we can probably afford him a little more time yet.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Come on Luis - score a hat trick tonight lad

Southampton’s slide towards the trap door still going well.
    Leeds 3-0 Southampton

Seeing Luis Suarez lining up for Atletico pisses me off. It’s exactly the kind of signing Utd would have made (as with Cavani) but one we would never make purely based on age.
    He would have won us numerous additional points this season.

Raphinha has been very impressive in these past 2 games for Leeds.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Seeing Luis Suarez lining up for Atletico pisses me off. It’s exactly the kind of signing Utd would have made (as with Cavani) but one we would never make purely based on age.
    He would have won us numerous additional points this season.
    No way on this earth our owners would have had Suarez back under any circumstances
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”