Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 256789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The weekend's other ganes 20/02/21

Absolutely was a lack of finishing - although we conceded 4 goals over the tie. We have seen similar this season - dominate teams but they sit tight and we don't seem to have the energy or the ability to score the all important goal..

Fatigue - both mental and physical.. which makes sense when you look at how we have played over the last few years with a relatively small squad.

We can't forget the toll it takes winning all though nail biting games - gritty performances but the effort is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    It is so!
    I get where you are coming from. I just go back to how the players reacted in the champions league final when Karius made two glaring errors. They never went up to him and tried to cheer him up etc. I kind of understand that. He ruined their chance of winning something major (thankfully we came back the following year and won it). Sometimes its hard to accept that someone is so bad that have cost you.
    Adrian was terrible in the semi-final and been pretty poor since. in the chances he's had. Obviously Allison hasnt been great himself in recent weeks.But you know theres a standard between him and the likes of Adrian. One is an excellent keeper and the other isn't on the same level.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I get where you are coming from. I just go back to how the players reacted in the champions league final when Karius made two glaring errors. They never went up to him and tried to cheer him up etc. I kind of understand that. He ruined their chance of winning something major (thankfully we came back the following year and won it). Sometimes its hard to accept that someone is so bad that have cost you.
    Adrian was terrible in the semi-final and been pretty poor since. in the chances he's had. Obviously Allison hasnt been great himself in recent weeks.But you know theres a standard between him and the likes of Adrian. One is an excellent keeper and the other isn't on the same level.
    Why blame the goalie?
    Why not the missed chances or lack of chances created or misplaced passes leading to the goals?
    It is a team effort.

Why blame the goalie?
    Why not the missed chances or lack of chances created or misplaced passes leading to the goals?
    It is a team effort.
    Exactly
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I see 17 year old Harvey Elliott dispensed with the usual assist this evening and went for scoring a goal himself instead.

Why blame the goalie?
    It is a team effort.
    Well they made huge errors that lead to goals
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

👶 “No player aged 23 and under has had a direct hand in more goals than Harvey Elliott (14 - 5 goals, 9 assists) in the Championship this season “

He’s still 17 til April

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    👶 “No player aged 23 and under has had a direct hand in more goals than Harvey Elliott (14 - 5 goals, 9 assists) in the Championship this season “

He’s still 17 til April
    We’ll probably let him go like a lot of our loaned players.

When was the last loaned out player that made it here?

Watching Rangers at the moment. First time i have really looked at them. I know they have done well under Gerrard, but the standard looks really poor. I think they would get murdered by any first rate team.
    Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Watching Rangers at the moment. First time i have really looked at them. I know they have done well under Gerrard, but the standard looks really poor. I think they would get murdered by any first rate team.
    Am I wrong?
    It's nothing new scottish football is shite

still done very well in the time he has considering where rangers was, v celtic