Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3134353637383940414243444546474851 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Everton (Match Thread)

that team we put out isn't a bad one

but no passion, no nothing

disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Summer clear-out, and major upgrades in a lot of positions that need upgrading.

Start planning for, and looking to next season.
    Start identifying transfer targets NOW,....and if possible (like Bayern did with Upamecano) tie down anyone you can even before the season ends so that we hit the ground running next season and running hard.

There can be no excuses.
    There's every chance that the fans will be back in stadiums for the start of next season, and we simply can't have a repeat of what we've seen this season.

No excuses.

Just follow the City playbook.
    They did the same thing when their title challenge fizzled last season.
    Went out in the summer window and got players to fix the problem areas they were having and then just quietly went about their business once the season began, and now it seems they have the title wrapped up before February is even over and can concentrate on getting that Champions League and a treble.
    Not a chance. Not a chance in hell there will be the investment required.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Will there be cash available? I'm sceptical.
    I mean if rumours of Henry being on a plane with Mbappe for two hours to try to convince him to come to us have any teeth to them, then I have to believe there is money to do something, because that's a player who wouldn't come cheap.

I'm going to chalk up our shockingly bad transfer activity over the last two windows to terrible middle-management and expectations at the Executive level and an amateurish reaction to winning a title for the first time in 30 years, than to the notion that we didn't have any money to spend.

Perhaps I get proven wrong when summer arrives, but even then if any big players leave (like a Salah or a Mane), that would at least give Klopp enough to work with and bring in decent replacements.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Kabak and Thiago are not what we needed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Losing 4 on the bounce at home isn't frustrating? I mean sure we cant score in a brothel, but at least lets not lose every fucking game we play.
    I mean over all. We are clueless right now.. but i think its not all doom and gloom.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

You are right Kev it was a decent side.

The problem is who can Klopp bring in ???

Ox/Keita have been no use to us and we are pretty much being forced to play the same 3-4 CMs.

I didnt like Carragher ripping into Kabak either left a bad taste to be honest he had a few ropey moments but he has done ok imo.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Not a chance. Not a chance in hell there will be the investment required.
    I remain optimistic until they prove me wrong.

FSG will be severely stung and hurt (more than fans) by the lack of Champions League football and the revenue it brings in and they'll not want to keep falling farther behind.

Unless they want Klopp to walk out at the end of next season (or even before that), they'll give him what he needs to bring us back to where we should be.

This season is a write-off and they can comfortably blame it on the pandemic and lockdown, but those excuses won't be there next season.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    No, no excuses from me CCTV, we deserved nothing but the number of terrible VAR decisions against us is concerning me.
    Aye, saw a replay at the end of the game, DCL knees Trent in the head and it's a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson78 View Post
    So what next...... from Klopp and the owners ?
    In the short term Klopp has to change the setup. Adapt or die.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Kabak and Thiago are not what we needed at all.
    With Kabak, I'd argue those are the perils of buying in the January window.
    You simply never get fair value for your purchase (unless the name is 'Virgil van Dijk' or 'Luis Suarez' - both of whom were actually supposed to be summer transfer buys from the window before. I suppose we also got Coutinho and Sturridge in January windows as well, didn't we? Scratch all that.)

With Thiago, I can't argue with you there - however, I will say that in retrospect, very few would have said no to the prospect of signing a multi-title (Bundesliga) and freshly minted-Champion's League winner who was indeed class and wanted to come here AND for the price we got him for.
    Stone-Cold Savage!