Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3437383940414243444546474849505154 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Everton (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post

Villa, Watford, Arsenal all games at the end of last season/start of this his making these errors has led to opposition goals, against Villa to 2 or 3, he must have lost Barkley at least 10 times in that game alone, Barkley FFS, look at the highlights, there's a passage where Barkley and another of the Villa players make him look like a school kid who has won a competition to play a game for Liverpool that's beyond embarrassing
    Sooo,..

You literally had to go all the way back to the beginning of the season/end of last season to find games he's "cost us" in with his (really bad?) mistakes - including the worst game we played in as a team overall suffering the heaviest defeat, and a game in which EVERYONE in a Liverpool shirt on the field had an awful game.

...and all just so you could lump him in to blame him along with others, for today's game - a game in which, HE WASN'T EVEN AT THE FREAKIN' GROUND!

Is that about right?

What about the games in which he's played at CenterBack - (i.e. also known as THE REST OF THE SEASON)?
    Did he cost us with "really bad" mistakes in those that cost us games? Because the bulk of our recent losing streak and loss of form has come with him NOT on the field. Either at midfield or at CB.

You see what I mean?

Seek help, mate.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I'd take what the Sky "pundits" say with a pinch of salt. They are handsomely paid to toe the party line.
    I could accept that for Souness, as he's the taken money and sold his soul before, but Carra i'm particularly disappointed in. His criticism of Kabak was cheap. He started out as a young player at this club once himself, it's just small-minded and mean-spirited to criticise a young player coming in and trying to find his feet given the sheer craziness of everything at the minute. If one of the ex-players criticised him for any of his early performances, I bet he remembers them to this day. Shameful

Quote Originally Posted by Ooh, me purse View Post
    Souness moaning about our lack of intensity at half time. Well take the engine out of your car before you drive home tonight Graeme, see how far you get eh. Carragher "..you can't keep saying that Van Dyk is out". Well, that won't stop you Jamie, but while you're about it, don't forget to mention Gomez, Matip, Fabinho, Henderson (and Jota), who, along with big Virg effectively form the majority of the spine of the team who have been the best in the world for the last couple of seasons. I wouldn't mind, but Carra played in Liverpool teams with a spine, and also played at times when the spine has been missing and the team has suffered as a result. He should know better. Look at City. They lost LaPorte last season and that was enough to upset their apple cart
    But they were still good enough to finish the season second and not that far behind us, in a title race where we supposedly ran away with the title - on top of going farther than we did in the Champions' League.

I'd be wary of making comparisons to City's drop in form last season, because in retrospect and put in perspective, it wasn't that much of a drop.
    (at least compared to us, this season)
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

City are never going to drop out of the CL places with their resources.

Hopefully they smash the title by 20 points they'll be buttering Pep up as a genius again.

He is a good manager but he aint no genius how can you be when you have spent over £200m on full backs alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    But they were still good enough to finish the season second and not that far behind us, in a title race where we supposedly ran away with the title - on top of going farther than we did in the Champions' League.

I'd be wary of making comparisons to City's drop in form last season, because in retrospect and put in perspective, it wasn't that much of a drop.
    (at least compared to us, this season)
    We also should be wary of comparing a team who lost LaPorte last season to one who's pretty much lost their spine this. The answer to the question of which team is the superior won't be settled on the pitch this season unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Yes yes blame var for everything

not the team or klopp nope, they're perfect, great passion dedication and fight in a derby and a important game, brilliance

Yep totally not missing fabinho, yep yep
    Go and watch the Villa highlights of him constantly losing Barkley and their midfielders constantly running rings around him making him look like a clueless headless chicken, that being our only game this season when an opposition midfield has completely bossed and outplayed our midfield and tell me he's the fucking answer

It might have escaped your attention but defensive errors from situations that would be routinely dealt with by Virgil and Matip and where we're conceding goals from, not through being outplayed and bossed in midfield

We're hugely missing Hendo's creativity from direct balls and switches in midfield and being hampered by Thiago and Jones not being direct and not attempting the direct ball to put a forward straight through and slowing our play down and making us predictable

As the height of Fab's hype Sky did an article on him, in which it says even though almost all his passes are sideways or backwards i kid you not, it also goes on to revere him for his high press, which was the reason teams started putting a player for transition on him, so when he left them to high press they'd have an easy transition to instantly threaten our goal if our play broke down

Given apart from the 2 occasions he's lifted the ball over the defence for Mo he lacks any sort of creativity and doesn't have direct balls or switches from deeper in his locker at all and has been found out as an Achilles heel in our press, why do any of you believe he's the solution to anything? Really? Bringing him in is the solution to our not getting it forward quickly enough or stretching opponents with switches to give us 2v1's or 2v2's on one side with an overload at the far post?

Get a fucking grip and stop dining out on his performances in the first half of the 18-19 season prior to getting found out and exposed continually when high pressing
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    There has to be questions asked of him over that. Its a disgraceful decision. He barely even looked, couldn't wait to give it.
    According to my feed he wasn't checking on the penalty that was a given he was checking whether to give a red card

Quote Originally Posted by Ooh, me purse View Post
    We also should be wary of comparing a team who lost LaPorte last season to one who's pretty much lost their spine this. The answer to the question of which team is the superior won't be settled on the pitch this season unfortunately.
    It should make everyone realise how good a job Jurgen has done keeping up with City. It's just unfortunate they've been able to spend about 1 billion net more than us since Jurgen has joined us !!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    It should make everyone realise how good a job Jurgen has done keeping up with City. It's just unfortunate they've been able to spend about 1 billion net more than us since Jurgen has joined us !!
    This - 100%. Sadly it looks to be the exception rather than the rule.

Well at least we had great times while it lasted