Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3538394041424344454647484950515255 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Everton (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    It should make everyone realise how good a job Jurgen has done keeping up with City. It's just unfortunate they've been able to spend about 1 billion net more than us since Jurgen has joined us !!
    100% we were spoiled last 2 to 3 years. Klopp has done a brilliant job.
    But a lot of people said it on here that the squad was never good enough. A few injuries and we are in trouble. Unfortunatly it has come to pass this season.

Wonder if henderson will get rushed back like Fabinho did.....

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    100% we were spoiled last 2 to 3 years. Klopp has done a brilliant job.
    But a lot of people said it on here that the squad was never good enough. A few injuries and we are in trouble. Unfortunatly it has come to pass this season.
    We've went from a decent squad to Champions league and league winners in a couple of seasons ,City and utd have been spending 100s of millions these past 10 years building squads. Thats what we're up against.
    Who knows, Champions league could have our name on it this season.

sums up this season

I make that 9 points from our last 11 games.
    Shocking form.
    Bizarrely if we had managed to get 15 points (still shocking) we would be in joint 2nd place.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Well at least we had great times while it lasted
    Yes but if we could put our best team out tomorrow against City's best team, i'd still take us to come out on top. Hopefully we can show that again next season when we have everyone back. I'm not writing us off as a force just yet, the simple truth is we're just going to have to be patient until we see us at our awesome best again.

To be fair to FSG and Jurgen, i think for their part in our successful Champions League campaign Origi and Shaq in particular were given a sentimental stay of execution and would have gone last summer and we'd have seen more strengthening of our midfield, but the Covid came and fucked everything up
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Ooh, me purse View Post
    Yes but if we could put our best team out tomorrow against City's best team, i'd still take us to come out on top. Hopefully we can show that again next season when we have everyone back. I'm not writing us off as a force just yet, the simple truth is we're just going to have to be patient until we see us at our awesome best again.
    That's the thing mate, It would be worse if this was happening with our strongest team. Ala Rodgers last stand,
    Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooh, me purse View Post
    I like that thinking but the pessimist in me says this team after 3 years is coming to the end if its current form and needs to change. Hope I'm wrong but we've had a lot out of this group.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    We've went from a decent squad to Champions league and league winners in a couple of seasons ,City and utd have been spending 100s of millions these past 10 years building squads. Thats what we're up against.
    Who knows, Champions league could have our name on it this season.
    We did indeed, mainly down to klopp in my opinion. I don't see us winning the CL. Not with the CBs available.
    I don't think we will ever Compete financially with those either, which is why I don't see us having a really good sustained period of success.