Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3639404142434445464748495051525356 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Everton (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    We did indeed, mainly down to klopp in my opinion. I don't see us winning the CL. Not with the CBs available.
    I don't think we will ever Compete financially with those either, which is why I don't see us having a really good sustained period of success.
    My biggest question is, why were they happy to furlough workers last year, in the same year we were world, European and League champions ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Wonder if henderson will get rushed back like Fabinho did.....
    I'm not bothered either way. It's not as if we are winning games with him in there. I wouldn't miss any of them on recent form.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    My biggest question is, why were they happy to furlough workers last year, in the same year we were world, European and League champions ?
    Because they thought they could and save money? Business men at the end of the day.

Saved us, but they are still business men.

I mentioned this its all about saving the most money possible..The paid £300 million for LFC and its worth over a billion now. All that money belongs to them.. and we have basically bought no one under Klopp thats been over the money we have received back in transfers.

Can anyone see us paying out 200 million in the summer for 3/4 players?? No chance.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I like that thinking but the pessimist in me says this team after 3 years is coming to the end if its current form and needs to change. Hope I'm wrong but we've had a lot out of this group.
    If we had a team of 32 year-olds I'd be tempted to agree with you, but they're a team in their prime or younger, there's no reason to think they're busted flushes. We've caught and passed City before, no reason why we can't do it again, injuries permitting. They aren't even as good as the team we caught the first time round. I'm keeping the faith
    Last edited by Ooh, me purse; 20th February 2021 at 10:31 PM. Reason: misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I mentioned this its all about saving the most money possible..The paid £300 million for LFC and its worth over a billion now. All that money belongs to them.. and we have basically bought no one under Klopp thats been over the money we have received back in transfers.

Can anyone see us paying out 200 million in the summer for 3/4 players?? No chance.
    With FFP, would we be able to spend £200 million ?

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post

Not unless we are recouping about 170million of it in sales.

But if we miss out on CL and all that money, I wonder what their thinking is then

Hasn't stopped others, let's be honest.

Man-city will be able too.. You think if they wanted Halaand for an 100+million they wont go for him and theres rumours of Kane as well.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Because they thought they could and save money? Business men at the end of the day.

Saved us, but they are still business men.
    Our Fanbase won't allow it though. And if they don't back Jurgen he'll be on his bike. And I couldn't blame him.