Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3740414243444546474849505152535457 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Everton (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    My biggest question is, why were they happy to furlough workers last year, in the same year we were world, European and League champions ?
    Because football is a business and if there is financial support available during a pandemic a business owner should be free to use it the same as any other?

When we're going to hold the fuckers responsible for over 300 billion a year of tax evasion and avoidance and systematically robbing the public purse through privatisation and back handed deals to account then maybe we can talk about our owners wanting to use furlough
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

My opinion is, we will have to break up the front 3 to fund a big signing.

Firmino hopefully

We should be doing that. Going into next season with the same front 3 would be suicide.
    It needs changing, its come to its end.

Our Fanbase won't allow it though. And if they don't back Jurgen he'll be on his bike. And I couldn't blame him.
    I wouldn't blame him either. I'd like to think with the way this season has gone, he has already laid out what is needed for next season. I don't think wholesale changes are needed but he should be backed for whatever he wants.

My biggest question is, why were they happy to furlough workers last year, in the same year we were world, European and League champions ?
    As morally wrong as it sounds they pay tax so were entitled to do it like other HUGE companies have done.

Obviously it doesnt look good when you then spend £45m on Jota.

Still at least we didnt sack 50+ people to sign Willian like others did.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Not unless we are recouping about 170million of it in sales.

But if we miss out on CL and all that money, I wonder what their thinking is then
    They dont care about us winning.. It was down to Klopp and Edwards who managed to buy the right players with the right amount of money. which they recruited in transfers. They sacked Kenny because Camoli was throwing away money like confetti
    Its amazing Rodgers in the only manager they backed and look at the trash he bought.. If they cant back Jurgen in the summer. you know what they care about most and thats the dollar sign
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Because football is a business and if there is financial support available during a pandemic a business owner should be free to use it the same as any other?

When we're going to hold the fuckers responsible for over 300 billion a year of tax evasion and avoidance and systematically robbing the public purse through privatisation and back handed deals to account then maybe we can talk about our owners wanting to use furlough
    Unless we're getting the owners of Starbucks , Apple or Amazon then that argument is pointless.
    What they were willing to do last season says it all about them.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    They dont care about us winning.. It was down to Klopp and Edwards who managed to buy the right players with the right amount of money. which they recruited in transfers. They sacked Kenny because Camoli was throwing away money like confetti
    Its amazing Rodgers in the only manager they backed and look at the trash he bought.. If they cant back Jurgen in the summer. you know what they care about most and thats the dollar sign
    But I'm sure they care about the CL cash cow. Not winning it but just béing in it to boost the coffers

I know a lot of fans keep on about us spending money. But we need too.. If you think about it, we have spent a penny in 2 years.
    .Jota was bought on the backs of selling Lovren/Brewster and Hoaver... We are getting money back on Minamino because we got a signing on fee and southapton are paying his wages..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century