Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 40434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Everton (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Some of the games we've played poor in, apart from City. It seemed like we turned up and thought we would just win. Its difficult not to become arrogant when you've won everything. Heck, as supporters we've become that too. As others mentioned, last season, and the one before that, you knew we'd go into the game and win. If we were losing, you knew for a fact we'd turn it around.

This year, we're hoping we don't lose. That is what I think is meant by bad champions. Others have dropped off before, but never lost 4 games in a row. We are in that we thought, up until Christmas, even after VVD that we would walk the league again.

Robbo and Trent made a YouTube series. Henderson took the piss out of them saying "we should be in training lads" Not that it is an issue and their series was actually quite nice, but the focus became more about football and forgetting what got them there in the first place.

Jones has had a few good games for us, but he is no where near the finished article. He has the ability, but has been known to be cocky and will ruin an attack with slowing it down, giving the ball away trying a cute flick. Its not just him. The front three, trying to thread the ball in through 10 players and playing in tight positions. (gigity)

The front three share some of the blame. The total incompetence in front of goal is alarming. If Salah wasn't scoring his goals he'd be hung up, by me first of all with some of his shithousery, but he gets away with it because he gets on the score sheet. Not when we're drawing or losing pal. Not when we need the win and you try and take the glory. Vs palace, easy opportunity to try flicks and have a bit of a selfish streak. We're winning heavily and out of site. We need them to go back to basics. Klopp included. Our play is exactly the same when we're drawing or losing and it doesn't change. Teams have sussed us out and the palace game....well I don't know how we did that...some say it was Minamino, but the poor lad isn't here to defend himself.

I want to be positive, but I really cant. A shit form is understandable, but the lads aren't even putting in any effort anymore and thats unacceptable
    That last part is a major concern. In some games you can see them trying and working. In others like today they didnt look bothered. Last 2 years, every game they were bang on it.
    So is it tiredness, mental and physical fatigue?
    As you mention above, have some players lost focus. If they have klopp needs to fuck them off for a while until it returns.
    It is very hard to be positive right now. I want this season to be over and jump forward to next august when we have everyone back.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Winning the PL and CL does wonders for developing the club's finances. Being in those competitions is good but serious growth is created by being winners
    Serious growth is created by reinvesting a good proportion of the earnings from winning those competitions back into your squad to ensure you're serial winners
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I'm starting too think the same.Would Phillips starting tonight at Centrehalf made any real difference the back ? At one point Hendo was in the midfield as much as he was at the back.
    I don't think he has let himself down in any of the games he has played. Now it looks like he will play a few in a row due to injuries.
    Or does fab go straight back into defence?

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    That last part is a major concern. In some games you can see them trying and working. In others like today they didnt look bothered. Last 2 years, every game they were bang on it.
    So is it tiredness, mental and physical fatigue?
    As you mention above, have some players lost focus. If they have klopp needs to fuck them off for a while until it returns.
    It is very hard to be positive right now. I want this season to be over and jump forward to next august when we have everyone back.
    Hopefully they have enough pride and downright ego to be indignant at their attitude and quality being questioned and comeback with a fury next season. Hopefully with a few quality reinforcements.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Some of the games we've played poor in, apart from City. It seemed like we turned up and thought we would just win. Its difficult not to become arrogant when you've won everything. Heck, as supporters we've become that too. As others mentioned, last season, and the one before that, you knew we'd go into the game and win. If we were losing, you knew for a fact we'd turn it around.

This year, we're hoping we don't lose. That is what I think is meant by bad champions. Others have dropped off before, but never lost 4 games in a row. We are in that we thought, up until Christmas, even after VVD that we would walk the league again.

Robbo and Trent made a YouTube series. Henderson took the piss out of them saying "we should be in training lads" Not that it is an issue and their series was actually quite nice, but the focus became more about football and forgetting what got them there in the first place.

Jones has had a few good games for us, but he is no where near the finished article. He has the ability, but has been known to be cocky and will ruin an attack with slowing it down, giving the ball away trying a cute flick. Its not just him. The front three, trying to thread the ball in through 10 players and playing in tight positions. (gigity)

The front three share some of the blame. The total incompetence in front of goal is alarming. If Salah wasn't scoring his goals he'd be hung up, by me first of all with some of his shithousery, but he gets away with it because he gets on the score sheet. Not when we're drawing or losing pal. Not when we need the win and you try and take the glory. Vs palace, easy opportunity to try flicks and have a bit of a selfish streak. We're winning heavily and out of site. We need them to go back to basics. Klopp included. Our play is exactly the same when we're drawing or losing and it doesn't change. Teams have sussed us out and the palace game....well I don't know how we did that...some say it was Minamino, but the poor lad isn't here to defend himself.

I want to be positive, but I really cant. A shit form is understandable, but the lads aren't even putting in any effort anymore and thats unacceptable
    Agree with most of that. The last part is pretty much where I'm at too. The belief just drains out of them very early in, the polar opposite of the last 3 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Serious growth is created by reinvesting a good proportion of the earnings from winning those competitions back into your squad to ensure you're serial winners
    ........is what should have happened but it hasn't. Or most certainly not enough to keep us at the top.
    I've said many times our success has a very short term feel about it and that is down to them.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    I don't think he has let himself down in any of the games he has played. Now it looks like he will play a few in a row due to injuries.
    Or does fab go straight back into defence?
    I'd say Fab goes into defence considering he was the first to go there when Matip got injured.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree with most of that. The last part is pretty much where I'm at too. The belief just drains out of them very early in, the polar opposite of the last 3 seasons.
    They’re all laying massively within themselves. It’s clear as day to the eye watching on tv. Simple safe pass always chose. Runs not made. Tracking back casual. All things that are combining to devastating effect on our season.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    They’re all laying massively within themselves. It’s clear as day to the eye watching on tv. Simple safe pass always chose. Runs not made. Tracking back casual. All things that are combining to devastating effect on our season.
    Totally. Its difficult to pinpoint one thing that's derailed everything as theres been so many things its unreal, we coild say VvD but we were top by a few points on Xmas day and looking in a good spot despite not even hitting top gear. That cant be an excuse for losing 4 home games on the trot and dropping like a stone. We were coping and then suddenly hit the skids and our confidence has just eroded with almost each game. 9 points from 11 games. I cant remember a run so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    This...

And this was ALWAYS my worry with FSG!

The damage is done now. Hopefully they learn from their folly.

It means out of 6 Klopp years - it’s likely just the 2 major titles.. Could have been 3 or 4 with more backing - crucial backing which seems to have been held back at the worst of times..
    Last edited by Steveo; 20th February 2021 at 11:42 PM.