Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 41444546474849505152535455565758 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Everton (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Average stats per game for last 11 league games

LFC
    Possession 66%
    Shots 15
    On target 6
    Goals 0.7

Opposition
    Possession 34%
    Shots 8
    On target 3.5
    Goals 1.4
    Burnley for comparison have amassed 15 points from their last 11 league games.
    If we could have just matched this we would be joint second.

average stats per game
    Burnley
    Possession 42%
    Shots 9
    On target 2.6
    Goals 0.9

Opposition
    Possession 58%
    Shots 14
    On target 5
    Goals 0.9

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Hopefully they have enough pride and downright ego to be indignant at their attitude and quality being questioned and comeback with a fury next season. Hopefully with a few quality reinforcements.
    They should be doing it now, not next season. Some of the games there has looked to be a lack of effort or maybe its self pity because things are going too well.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I'd say Fab goes into defence considering he was the first to go there when Matip got injured.
    I think so too, but maybe time for a change. Get fab back into the middle

VAR and the onfield officiating bollocks has very obviously had a severe impact on the players you could see that as clear as day in what happened in the Leicester game, when again having played very well up until that point, the lads fell apart in 7 minutes after VAR allowed an offside goal to stand, and that coming from a free kick given from an opposition player running into our player and throwing himself to ground like for today's penalty

It's been going on all season, when not at your best and shorn of several players you've still done more than enough to get your 3 points and bent bastard officials, not the opposition have taken that away from you in at least 10 of your games it is going to affect your form, confidence ability to be mentality monsters, when you are being but then getting robbed and how you react to those decisions

I'd have taken my players off today when that Manc cunt stood by his decision, i think we'd have been given a 3-0 loss for doing it, but i'd have taken them off saying i'd already lost Hendo because the ref allowed a foul to continue another 10 yards and didn't want to risk my players further if the ref wanted to hand the bitters the game anyway
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    It's been a crazy season and no doubt what you're saying is true. But there's been no money spent at Anfield at all this season and thats huge consthe success past few seasons.
    Yeah, both are true, I liked your snappy reply. Winning the big trophies is great for building the financial strength of a club.

Time for Klopp to rebuild his second side now and see how he fares compared with Ferguson. Don't think he needs a huge amount tbh. As like fergie hes willing to use a few average enough players, youth players too but will need the backing to get other places sorted.

9 hours without a goal from open play ( Salah penalty v City ) at Anfield!!’

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    VAR and the onfield officiating bollocks has very obviously had a severe impact on the players you could see that as clear as day in what happened in the Leicester game, when again having played very well up until that point, the lads fell apart in 7 minutes after VAR allowed an offside goal to stand, and that coming from a free kick given from an opposition player running into our player and throwing himself to ground like for today's penalty

It's been going on all season, when not at your best and shorn of several players you've still done more than enough to get your 3 points and bent bastard officials, not the opposition have taken that away from you in at least 10 of your games it is going to affect your form, confidence ability to be mentality monsters, when you are being but then getting robbed and how you react to those decisions

I'd have taken my players off today when that Manc cunt stood by his decision, i think we'd have been given a 3-0 loss for doing it, but i'd have taken them off saying i'd already lost Hendo because the ref allowed a foul to continue another 10 yards and didn't want to risk my players further if the ref wanted to hand the bitters the game anyway
    Did you hear greame souness discussing referees after the Fulham game? He tore into them. Basically said all refs in the Premier league are shit

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Totally. Its difficult to pinpoint one thing that's derailed everything as theres been so many things its unreal, we coild say VvD but we were top by a few points on Xmas day and looking in a good spot despite not even hitting top gear. That cant be an excuse for losing 4 home games on the trot and dropping like a stone. We were coping and then suddenly hit the skids and our confidence has just eroded with almost each game. 9 points from 11 games. I cant remember a run so bad.
    Death of a thousand cuts. No party after winning the PL, Covid lockdowns impacting many players, VAR, Injuries one after another.
    The look on Klopps face the day Virgil was hacked down was worrying. A real lynchpin in our side. Then Jota on fire another big one. Then you lose Fab/Matip/Gomez/Milner/Hendo and eventually it all comes tumbling down. Losing hendo to CB having lost Fab from midfield already was imo the straw that broke the camels back.

The positivity on here at the start of the season seems light years away.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Did you hear greame souness discussing referees after the Fulham game? He tore into them. Basically said all refs in the Premier league are shit
    He's not wrong, remember a world cup with no English refs qualifying. A top5 league and the championship a strong league and not one ref made the world cup grade.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    He's not wrong, remember a world cup with no English refs qualifying. A top5 league and the championship a strong league and not one ref made the world cup grade.
    He isn't wrong, but at least he said it. Not many pundits or sports shows are discussing it. It might shine a bit of a light on the refs.