Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2424546474849505152535455565758 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Everton (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Death of a thousand cuts. No party after winning the PL, Covid lockdowns impacting many players, VAR, Injuries one after another.
    The look on Klopps face the day Virgil was hacked down was worrying. A real lynchpin in our side. Then Jota on fire another big one. Then you lose Fab/Matip/Gomez/Milner/Hendo and eventually it all comes tumbling down. Losing hendo to CB having lost Fab from midfield already was imo the straw that broke the camels back.

The positivity on here at the start of the season seems light years away.
    True. I'm struggling for any kind of positive right now. There literally isn't any. Maybe Jota coming back but I don't see that changing our firtunes, every team we play now is champing at the bit. They see how easy we are to get something against.
    Even the second leg against Leipzig isn't a given and if we do get through I don't fancy our chances against anyone without Hendo.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Burnley for comparison have amassed 15 points from their last 11 league games.
    If we could have just matched this we would be joint second.

average stats per game
    Burnley
    Possession 42%
    Shots 9
    On target 2.6
    Goals 0.9

Opposition
    Possession 58%
    Shots 14
    On target 5
    Goals 0.9
    Should we have changed our game plan over these past 11 games to ride out our injury problems? Should we now?

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    He isn't wrong, but at least he said it. Not many pundits or sports shows are discussing it. It might shine a bit of a light on the refs.
    The fact that no English ref made the world cup with the strength of the premier league and championship should have seen a reformation within the game with respect to reffing.

Should we have changed our game plan over these past 11 games to ride out our injury problems? Should we now?
    I believe so. Problem now is there's so few options.

We need to change something because if we carry on like this it could get seriously bad. You just can't see where a win comes from, even against Sheff Utd and Fulham I'm almost certain we won't win both those games.
    When Fab is fit he could go into midfield and push Thiago further up maybe? Jota coming must surely to christ see Firmino sitting games out.
    We are in a bad spot but losing Hendo for whats probably going to be atleast a month is a huge blow and will no doubt have an effect on the teams morale.

Should we have changed our game plan over these past 11 games to ride out our injury problems? Should we now?an
    I'd get Naby and Fab in midfield ASAP (and pray they can stay fit). I love Bobby to bits but he looks completely bereft of confidence and is snatching at everything. Give Origi a run of games.

If Gini's not signing a contract then I'd be making him play out his final 4 months of the season with the u23s. Thanks for your service but if you don't want to be here then goodbye.

One positive from tonight was Trent. He put in a good shift tonight and was easily our best player after looking like he'd done it all by the time he was 23 and didn't need to try this season.

Allison
    TTA - Phillips - Kabak/Davies - Robbo
    Thiago - Fab - Naby
    Salah - Origi - Mane

He's not wrong, remember a world cup with no English refs qualifying. A top5 league and the championship a strong league and not one ref made the world cup grade.
    Correct the soultion is to bring overseas refs in.

Of course that wont happen with the gammons who make the decisions

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I'd get Naby and Fab in midfield ASAP (and pray they can stay fit). I love Bobby to bits but he looks completely bereft of confidence and is snatching at everything. Give Origi a run of games.

If Gini's not signing a contract then I'd be making him play out his final 4 months of the season with the u23s. Thanks for your service but if you don't want to be here then goodbye.

One positive from tonight was Trent. He put in a good shift tonight and was easily our best player after looking like he'd done it all by the time he was 23 and didn't need to try this season.

Allison
    TTA - Phillips - Kabak/Davies - Robbo
    Thiago - Fab - Naby
    Salah - Origi - Mane
    But should we be going for broke or just trying to grind out a decent string of results and stop the rot?

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Correct the soultion is to bring overseas refs in.

Of course that wont happen with the gammons who make the decisions
    Yeah a decent idea brought up in a thread 19 started recently.

Yeah a decent idea brought up in a thread 19 started recently.
    Does Brexit stymie that?