Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 747505152535455565758 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Everton (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    On the match, I agree 100% with you. Even without the pen I think we still lose.
    But the overall reffing standard is a joke. And when ex refs get a platform like this and back them, everything is rosey on the garden.
    I wonder will sourness be dropped from sky for a few weeks after his comments. It was great to hear a pundit actually call out the refs.
    I mean, Gallagher said rashfords was Def a pen, slight touch but the Fulham one, no pen even though the keeper could have done serious damage.
    This is why I don’t pay for sky. If the feds are on this forum...yes I stream all our games!!

We’ve had issues with refereeing for quite sometime. The EPL in general. VAR has made them look worse and actually clueless. If kavanagh had any decency, he would have actually looked at the screen longer. From what I saw, all he saw was DCL falling in real time and not what happened before.

If enough clubs speak up, surely you can topple that sham of a union they have?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    This is why I don’t pay for sky. If the feds are on this forum...yes I stream all our games!!

We’ve had issues with refereeing for quite sometime. The EPL in general. VAR has made them look worse and actually clueless. If kavanagh had any decency, he would have actually looked at the screen longer. From what I saw, all he saw was DCL falling in real time and not what happened before.

If enough clubs speak up, but it won't happen. Anyone that speaks out suffers in some form.
    The standard of referring has dropped off significantly and I agree, VAR is making them look worse.
    But when the refs association is backing them and they have no accountability nothing will change.
    Why does the conversation between the ref and VAR need to be private. If there is nothing to hide let everyone listen in to the process.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post

It isn't about that, VAR was absolutely fine for the majority of the first season, towards the end of the first season, there was an obvious realisation from the Premier League, FA and referees association, that applying VAR correctly took away their power to affect and influence the outcomes of game and so they changed what they used to call 'human error' for God awful decisions to their new buzz word 'subjective' to get back to doing what they had enjoyed doing prior to VAR

Get real, we can all see the replays, they don't have any excuses whatsoever, you're excusing them as poor and incompetent is utterly embarrassing, they are corrupt and bent as hell and 100% guilty of match fixing when they can and it suits them

It isn't subjective, or poor or human error to support the assistants decision Virgil was offside v the bitters, he was at least 2 yards onside, every single replay showed that, that is just deliberate misuse of the VAR system and corruption, no other way to explain it, a player is 2 yards on, you have the replay in front of you, it is your position to correct a clear and obvious error
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Good for Liverpool but bad for Liverpool FC.

The BS are going to own the waterfront.. And view of the iconic skyline from the water will have that stain on it..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...yside-56167487

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Good for Liverpool but bad for Liverpool FC.

The BS are going to own the waterfront.. And view of the iconic skyline from the water will have that stain on it..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...yside-56167487
    It’s a conspiracy!!!!

How dare they give them a better located stadium.

Moving to a beautiful glittering stadium means nothing..Arsenal havent won the league since they left Highbury and Spurs are in a mess.Everton maybe doing well at the moment. lets see how they cope when they are expected to win every game.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Moving to a beautiful glittering stadium means nothing..Arsenal havent won the league since they left Highbury and Spurs are in a mess.Everton maybe doing well at the moment. lets see how they cope when they are expected to win every game.
    Everton just need to be more consistent, they were better than us at the weekend but capable of losing the next couple.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Mark Halsey criticises VAR but does not exactly criticise match ref
    https://readliverpoolfc.com/2021/02/23/exclusive-mark-halsey-criticises-var-liverpool-everton/

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Everton just need to be more consistent, they were better than us at the weekend but capable of losing the next couple.
    They defended better because we threw our most potent means of attacking and breaking teams down out of the window and the switches and automation of movement and everything else that meant we did those things far better and quicker has all but disappeared

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Mark Halsey criticises VAR but does not exactly criticise match ref
    https://readliverpoolfc.com/2021/02/23/exclusive-mark-halsey-criticises-var-liverpool-everton/
    What a load of absolute bollocks Halsey fucking talks, it was never ever a fucking pen, Trent slides across as he did at the point Calvert-Lewin is about to strike the ball to block any effort he might try to steer into the far corner, having slid, he's on the floor, Calvert-Lewin trips himself running over Trent who had every right to be where he was having slid to make an attempted block, of course it was a fucking clear and obvious error from an official who pertinently does not understand the game, the thick Manc cunt

I don't know how or why our England lads do it, with everything that's gone on this season and how appallingly the FA have treated our club I'd tell the twats at the FA right now in no uncertain terms I have absolutely no intention of representing them at the Euros, I'd say after the season we've had, for numerous reasons, I wanted to be fully rested and refreshed to work harder than ever to make sure my club form is as good as it can possibly be right from the very start of next season

Edit: If Halsey genuinely believes that it just goes to show he was never ever fit to be a top flight ref either

Note to our lads, next time you're through and the defender looks like sliding across as Trent did get your shot off as hard as you can near post and if the defenders lying prostrate on the floor and the keeper parries, trip yourself up over him and see if it's given
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 23rd February 2021 at 09:59 PM.