Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Sheffield United

Alisson

Trent Phillips Kabak Robertson

Thiago Wijnaldum Keita

Salah Firmino Mane

Hendo's out, people whining about Mo and Mane, since Hendo was moved to CB he has been our only player, even from that deep to pick out Mo and Mane's runs in behind with more direct balls played forward quickly, actually Trent also a couple of times, we've had absolutely nothing, NOTHING, whatsoever from any of our other midfielders.

We simply HAVE to play Thiago and work with Thiago, Bobby, Mo and Mane in the week we have on ways he can use his passing to be more direct and find Mo and Mane's runs in behind and ways Bobby rather than keep turning into trouble crowded out by 2 or 3 midfielders every time he tries to, can look to make runs to move them and open up gaps for Thiago's passing. He's made mistakes and annoyed the fuck out of me in the last couple of games if I'm honest, but, he's our only midfielder we have fit who can play the switches and the attempted balls over the top or through the channels to find Mo and Mane's runs

Keita is in for me as he will create and try a different type of passing, playing balls on the deck trying to put Mo or Mane through and following them looking for a return or to pick up the pieces, that in itself changes the dynamic, might help Bobby and help open up gaps and possibilities for Thiago to be more direct and find players and we do need a change of dynamic and something different, to add to the elements that have been functioned, albeit not at their best, rather than throw the baby out with the bath water

Thiago's our only midfielder with the range of passing for switches and balls over the top and Naby's our only midfielder who will offer us that different dynamic so they both start v Sheffield UTD for me, and we simply HAVE to play Naby while he is actually fit and at least get some value for the incredible amount of wages he's picked up lounging around in the treatment room
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I dont think Firmino should play i'd put Origi in.

Firmino will be nailed on for Chelsea 4 days later.

We need to start a few of the bench lot as it cant get any worse we are losing with the main players anyway.

Other than that I have no input as the team pretty much picks itself.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I dont think Firmino should play i'd put Origi in.

Firmino will be nailed on for Chelsea 4 days later.

We need to start a few of the bench lot as it cant get any worse we are losing with the main players anyway.

Other than that I have no input as the team pretty much picks itself.
    For me, the main issue with Bobby has been our collective press not being as high or as good, rather than not play him, I think the solution is to play him and use him differently, I don't think Origi is the solution to anything, I'd have rather he went out on loan than Minamino, because when played in one game in the actual position he played most frequently for Salzburg, left or right forward mostly, left forward in the game v Palace, he offered far more than Origi has offered in numerous opportunities there and scored as he incidentally has for Southampton from where he's scored 2 goals playing in the same position

Origi offers nothing, he is awful in the press, he is woeful in the air and at using his considerable size to get in front of players and get hold of the ball and lay it off simply to one of our players and desperately lacking in any sort of football intelligence or ability that would identify him as even a worthy option from the bench for any top side with the season in season out aspirations we have, he wouldn't even be here but for Covid, having been given a season's grace from a long overdue exit following his Champions League exploits as was Shaqiri

Origi, shaq offer nothing. Played well in the barca 4-0 and maybe 2 other games that i can recall. Thats 1 of our problems, we have maybe 14-16 good players, which is ok when everyone is fit but now with injuries to arguably 6 of them the squad is exposed as thin.

Davies still injured? He's played against Sheffield United before so I don't see why he doesn't get a call up if he's not injured.

Kabak is young and I feel for him to be honest. Any newbie that comes into a team playing dross is going to be called unfairly called out.

We have 3 fit centre backs "touch wood" Play them as CB's. If Fabinho comes back from injury, play him in midfield. I doubt that will be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Davies still injured? He's played against Sheffield United before so I don't see why he doesn't get a call up if he's not injured.

Kabak is young and I feel for him to be honest. Any newbie that comes into a team playing dross is going to be called unfairly called out.

We have 3 fit centre backs "touch wood" Play them as CB's. If Fabinho comes back from injury, play him in midfield. I doubt that will be the case.
    Picking on the new guys and the youngsters is a common theme on here. They should be looking at the performances of some of the more experienced players instead.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Alisson
    Alexander-Arnold
    Philips
    Kabak
    Robertson
    Jones
    Keita
    Wijnaldum
    Salah
    Firmino
    Mane
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

This is what we're looking for on turnovers

Mane RCB___CB___LCB Mo

Either one of them quickly on the shoulder of RCB or LCB looking for the ball played early down the line over their man by Robbo or Trent

Massive game for our lads this one, and one which could see us close the current mini gap on a few teams by winning with City playing West Ham and the filthy playing Chelsea

Going to be a really tough game as Sheffield UTD are getting back to playing more like they were when they were challenging for top four, at least through their defending and midfield up until the final third anyway

Doubt Jurgen will throw Jota straight back in, but I'm expecting him to be on the bench at least, which is absolutely brilliant news if we need a goal or two and he gives us so many options with his versatility, straight swap for Bobby or on for Keita (who i expect will start) as a fourth forward, sort of player who given his record for us since his arrival will unnerve sides looking to hold out for a draw or defend a slender lead or PTB sides

really excited he's back, gives us so many options, wouldn't mind seeing all four forwards start against some sides

Hopefully Fab is back too

Having that option of all four forwards or bringing the fourth on v PTB sides is going to make a huge difference for us I believe

Alisson
    Neco williams
    Philips
    Kabak
    Robertson
    Jones
    TAA
    Wijnaldum
    Salah
    Origi
    Mane

Lets try something a bit out there and put trent in midfield and go direct as hell, Gini to conduct.... something different worth trying