Thread: FSG and transfers

FSG and transfers

I think they have been incredibly stingy and not reinvested nearly enough of the money made from our reaching the Champions League final and our Champions League WCC and Premier League wins back into the squad, which is of course how you stay on top

In their defence, hindsight is a wonderful thing, and Origi and Shaq and others we would have otherwise moved on and brought better players in for were given a stay of execution after the Champions league win, when that happened, most here pretty much agreed with it and nobody could have known or predicted COVID and the issues of selling players and getting good fees for them and the huge hit to gate receipts, hospitality and merchandise revenues

So many will think if crowds return and other things return to normality (not normal for me, but most peoples understanding of normality) then they are well overdue to make considerable investment this summer

Discuss
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I think this is a very fair assessment - sadly I have a feeling we may have missed to boat somewhat. Feels like whatever we do this summer is too late - and will be improved upon by rivals who have already closed the gap.

Hope I am wrong

Yep. With due respect though this is nothing new and has been trawled over a million times, they have done well overall by turning the club around in pretty much every aspect business wise.
    The football has been down to literally a once in a lifetime manager who we'll never see the like of again. They thought that this team could go and go again and again and this season it has come to a head.
    There have been other issues at play too and they have all come together to dismantle our season. Hendos injury being the latest in seemingly continuous hits of bad luck.
    They are not the sole reason for the downturn but good investment in the last few years on the type of level we saw with VvD and Allison would surely have counterbalanced things?

I spoke at work today with one of my pals who's also LFC and we both agreed that if they do not back Klopp substantially this summer fans will start turning on them.

It doesn't excuse why we cannot beat bottom.6 sides though. At times we have beaten ourselves.
    Last edited by teesred; 24th February 2021 at 11:55 PM.

Like i mentioned earlier..I'd love for our owners to keep up with Man-city/Man-united and Chelsea when it comes to transfers. But how far do you compete?? These 3 clubs can go on investing indefinitely.
    We are run has a business which is fair.We get involved in a bidding war over the next 5 years we will lose out badly.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Totally happy how we are run.
    Fantastic things have happened on and off the pitch up until covid, injuries and VAR.

Most of the transfers in have been an unbelievable success.
    Giving Liverpool miracles.
    European cup Super cup Premier league after 30 year wait.
    A new facility at kirkby.
    A new stand staying at Anfield.

Financial stability.

Of course if you want Chelsea PSG or Man City ways of doping the club then I guess 1000+ other clubs would like that too. Bury for example.

I dont see what more the owners can do.
    We've been totally spoilt especially in the last 5 years.

Short memories football 'fans'