Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is increased technology the solution to some issues?

Is increased technology the solution to some issues?

We have goal ine technology, with sensors that know to 1mm whether or not the ball has crossed the line

Could the future of offside decision be sensors the length of the pitch, in players boots and in the ball? Mapping the positions of all players feet each time the ball is kicked, with offsides completely automated and taken solely (no pun intended) from the positions of the players feet as it should be anyway
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I think something like they have in horse racing . where its a photo finish.. Which every part is over the line is in front and in the footballs case its offside.. No more arses and elbow and shoulders. If its soooo close they can make their mind up its level and that goes in favour of the attacking team.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We have goal ine technology, with sensors that know to 1mm whether or not the ball has crossed the line

Could the future of offside decision be sensors the length of the pitch, in players boots and in the ball? Mapping the positions of all players feet each time the ball is kicked, with offsides completely automated and taken solely (no pun intended) from the positions of the players feet as it should be anyway
    No need for linesmen or women then. They take that long put there flag up anyway.
    Scrap all 3rd part assistance and leave it the way it was. Some of footballs biggest talking points are, was it or wasn't it.
    It's never going be scrapped, the TV companies feel that they hold some power with the evidence they provide and with the money they pay it gives them power.

Watching Qatar tennis tournament at the moment.
    I have noticed a high Def high speed camera being used 'apparently' in place of Hawkeye for close line calls.
    Camera seems to be able to track the ball in flight too.
    At first sight it seems better than Hawkeye as it actually captures the situation rather than relying on a computed situation.
    Could this have use in football?

This is great. I wish I knew how to just post the video.

https://twitter.com/TheSportsman/status/1366350132044824579
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

About a minute in.

no technology in the world will stop the blatant corruption we have in the premier league.

case in point ferraris being written off by incompetent drivers. ferrari should stop making cars?

technology is fine as long as uefa send in their officials to run the game in england.

they supercede the fa and premier league don’t they?

the champions league though not perfect, is miles ahead in terms of var application and line tech compared to the premier league.

the sooner these corrupt low lifes are replaced, the game in this country can get back to how it should be pre fergie/sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    About a minute in.

This might be implemented all over. No reason why it shouldn't be

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    This might be implemented all over. No reason why it shouldn't be

They should implement it as would be much easier to understand what is given and why......however main reason they won't is because players are too used to abusing the officials and that's never going to really change is it.

Quote Originally Posted by reddwarf View Post
    They should implement it as would be much easier to understand what is given and why......however main reason they won't is because players are too used to abusing the officials and that's never going to really change is it.
    That is not a good enough excuse and if players did keep swearing then refs wouldnt come out of it badly.

We dont need to hear minute by minute just when its VAR/Penalty/Goal.

The only reason to not do it is they have something to hide it doesnt seem to be a problem most of the time in cricket/rugby.

Nothing well be 100% that is worth remembering but a 2-3% success is still a great result.