Liverpool FC Women interim manager Amber Whiteley welcomes the selection headache she faces for this weekend's clash with London Bees.
The Reds are raring to go at Prenton Park on Sunday, after their previously scheduled game against Coventry United Ladies a fortnight ago was postponed due to weather conditions.
LFC Women have therefore only played two competitive fixtures so far in 2021 - but that enforced break has enabled the likes of Rachel Furness, Jade Bailey, Becky Jane and Ashley Hodson to get back to full fitness after injury.
Melissa Lawley is also available again after serving a one-match ban, while recent recruit Ceri Holland is pushing for a start having come off the bench to score against Charlton Athletic on her debut earlier this month.
"It's fantastic to get them back, and credit to the sports science and medical team and the players who have put the work in to get themselves back to full fitness," Whiteley told Liverpoolfc.com ahead of the FA Women's Championship meeting with the Bees.
"I've got a real headache now in terms of selection. It has been so competitive in training and I'm going to have to have some tough conversations this week, and I'll also be letting players down who have worked incredibly hard and done absolutely everything that we've asked them to do.
"But that is exactly how it should be when you are competing for a shirt in the starting XI."
Sunday's game against London Bees kicks off at 2pm GMT and will be shown live and for free on LFCTV GO,*YouTube*and the LFC Women*Facebook*and*Twitter*accounts.
Read the rest of our pre-match interview with Whiteley on the great spirit in the camp and why she remains confident the future can be really bright for the Reds...
On a return to action this weekend against London Bees...
Everyone is really looking forward to Sunday. It feels like a lifetime ago since the Charlton game and we can't wait to get back at it. We've worked hard over the last couple of weekends we've been in. We've been training and we are ready to go for Sunday.
On what she has learned about the squad since taking on the interim manager role…
I've just learned that we've got a really good group of people. They are hard workers, resilient and I tell you what, they have had some challenges thrown their way. But every time they've had a setback they have got back up, they've worked harder and got back at it. I think you definitely learn more about the group when there are challenges. It's all about how you respond to those challenges and setbacks, and every single time the girls have just tried harder and put the work in to get better and improve - and that's all you can ask.
On the hard work that has been going on during training to ease the frustrations of a few games being called off due to the weather…
I think if you want to be the best and looking ahead to next season, too, and laying those foundations it is absolutely about putting the work in. That's why we have used this time wisely. It's not just about preparing for London Bees at the weekend, it's about getting us ready for the future.
On the importance of trying to get back to winning ways on Sunday…
Definitely, it's very important. We want to win every game we play. We are expecting a tough challenge against London Bees. They are a hard-working and resilient side but we've put the work in since the Charlton game and we should be in a good place for Sunday. You do need a bit of luck but at the same time we need to create our own luck. That's exactly why when we've had a free weekend, and I think we've had four or five of them since January, but we've been in training hard every single weekend, putting the work in and making sure that the preparation is as good as it can be and not leaving anything to chance. But we do need that little break, that would be nice.
On the challenge the Reds face against the Bees…
London Bees are a real hard-working side and very resilient. They never, ever give up and we do expect them to sit behind the ball and put a block on and we are prepared for that challenge. We've got to match their efforts and go beyond.
On how Holland has settled into the group…

Ceri is doing great. It feels like she's been here a lot longer than three or four weeks. She has settled in really, really well. She made a great impact against Charlton, scoring that great goal. I'm sure if you asked Ceri could she have chosen between scoring and the three points she absolutely would have chosen the victory. But I've got no doubt that there is more to come from Ceri. It was also great to see her get her first senior call-up for Wales last week and again, I'm sure there's going to be many more call-ups to come.
On how important the senior players are in helping LFC Women finish this season as strongly as possible, with seven games left to play in the FA Women's Championship…
That is something I expect from the entire squad and the playing staff as well. When you play for Liverpool Football Club it is not a choice putting in the work, the time, making sure you do absolutely everything you can to put your best foot forward. I expect that on the training ground, away from the training ground, on matchday, because that is part of what it means to play for this club. That's what this badge expects and deserves. We've got a brilliant group of players here and it's a pleasure to work with them every day. They are talented, hard-working, bright and they want to learn every day and want to get better. Most importantly, we've got a great group of human beings. It's a pleasure to work with them every single day and I've no doubt that the new manager will feel exactly the same way.

More...