Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weekend’s Other Games 27/02/21

Francis Lee was the master of diving and he was as English as you and me. It's always gone on, not just since the foreigners came over.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Francis Lee was the master of diving and he was as English as you and me. It's always gone on, not just since the foreigners came over.
    I know, I just loathe the ridiculousness of media and commentators, that when an English player does it, it's clever, when a foreign player does it, from a team they love to hate, it's diving and cheating and all a bit unsavoury and not at all 'clever'
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I know, I just loathe the ridiculousness of media and commentators, that when an English player does it, it's clever, when a foreign player does it, from a team they love to hate, it's diving and cheating and all a bit unsavoury and not at all 'clever'
    My number 1 pet hate in the game.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Always respected Ancelotti as a coach, how could you not, but this Everton team are so dirty, so much diving and gamesmanship. were any of his previous teams playing like that? obviously Real Madrid had some absolute cunts, but they were also a real footballing team.

Not even a foul by Djenepo on Richarleson but he screams and rolls around the floor, the Everton tosser crowding round the ref, wanker commentator... “he could be in trouble here...”
    Replay shows he took the ball and there was barely any contact. Not even a foul.

The bitters are an horrible team to watch, you can see the Ancelotti Italian influence, organised defensively, niggly, persistent fouling, diving, just awful

And now Digne throws himself to ground shortly after Richarlieson did feigning injury, and now Richarlieson again, just a complete bunch of shit houses

Whatever happened to players being booked for simulation? Refs seem to have forgotten all about that, look at Coady's dive v us, VAR having to correct the refs appalling decision to give a pen and then he never even booked the cunt

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Not even a foul by Djenepo on Richarleson but he screams and rolls around the floor, the Everton tosser crowding round the ref, wanker commentator... “he could be in trouble here...”
    Replay shows he took the ball and there was barely any contact. Not even a foul.
    Yep, but they let teams try and kick our lads off the park and persistently foul them, hold them by their body arm or shirt dragging them back and it's nothing doing, but apparently we don't play to a different set of rules to everyone else

Another Everton dive has Redmond laughing at the assistant for giving it. The replay shows Holgate throwing himself to the ground with no contact, right in front of the official.
    Awful to watch and woeful officiating

Southampton have been incredibly poor, they don't look like even fashioning a chance, let alone scoring, maybe they're waiting until the 70th minute to start playing, the old Brenny master tactic

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Another Everton dive has Redmond laughing at the assistant for giving it. The replay shows Holgate throwing himself to the ground with no contact, right in front of the official.
    Awful to watch and woeful officiating
    Yep, cheating horrible diving cunts, then Digne makes a challenge that's a yellow all day and just a free kick