Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: The Weekend’s Other Games 27/02/21

Also people whipping out the 3 European finals is starting to grate. For me - with 4 teams qualifying for the CL the Europa - is easier to win than an FA Cup.

Jose got United to one and won it in that case - Lampard did the same with Chelsea and he has been sacked.

Rafa got us to 2 Champions League finals and only just missed out on a League title in a much more competitive season and against a far better rival.

Klopp has had 4 great seasons with us and this one is below par but he has plenty of issues to deal with.

Getting to European finals is huge so it needs to be factored in.

Rafa got us to two as well and should never have been sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I am not expecting that scenario at all. Just suggesting IF it does we are stuffed.

Henry would be bat shit crazy to sack Jurgen in almost any circumstance.

But were it to pan out in similar fashion to 2009/10... with such a huge drop off the season following a belter - you just never know.

Also Nobody can be sure Klopp won’t decide he has had enough.

Nobody knows regardless of what they say. How many would have predicted our points tally at this stage of the season - back in the summer?
    Not many I would say!

Ask the same question with the caveat that VVD would be missing 90% of the season and us a playing a big chunk of games with Fab/Hendo/Williams/Phillips at the back, I think we'd get a very differnt answer
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Not many I would say!

Ask the same question with the caveat that VVD would be missing 90% of the season and us a playing a big chunk of games with Fab/Hendo/Williams/Phillips at the back, I think we'd get a very differnt answer
    And yes think most would have guessed. It's a crying shame - but not sure what else Klopp could have done.

The media keep baiting him with the number of different partnerships he has gone with - inferring that he has to take most of the blame but he sees them in training. HE knows who is best to play where and when.

The season that saw him sacked you mean.. Hmm

I hope to god it doesn't end in similar fashion or we are totally screwed.
    Klopp has far too much credit in the Bank.

Also Rafa shouldn't have been sacked that season for me, though I know it splits opinion. We were 7 points off Top Four and not far at all from a Europa League Final that we probably would have won against Hodgson's Fulham side. Would have loved to have seen what Rafa could have done with FSG backing but it wasn't to be. If he stays, history is different and we may not get Klopp in the end.

FSG's backing..

He did ok with Moores and Parry and then despite the Cowboys.

2 Champions Leagues finals winning one and FA Cup - and almost taking a title too.

At some stage you will realise that what you call backing is in fact the miracles worked by Jurgen Klopp.
    Last edited by Steveo; 4th March 2021 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Klopp has far too much credit in the Bank.

Also Rafa shouldn't have been sacked that season for me, though I know it splits opinion. We were 7 points off Top Four and not far at all from a Europa League Final that we probably would have won against Hodgson's Fulham side. Would have loved to have seen what Rafa could have done with FSG backing but it wasn't to be. If he stays, history is different and we may not get Klopp in the end.
    Correct sacking Rafa was one of the lowest points for me I was furious id be even more angry if they fired Klopp.

I mean if we bought in a good manager I would have calmed down abit instead we got Roy who was doomed before a ball was kicked.

Who can forget his first press conference "I know I might upset my friend Sir Alex" he should have been fired there & then for speaking like a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Klopp has had 4 great seasons with us and this one is below par but he has plenty of issues to deal with.

Getting to European finals is huge so it needs to be factored in.

Rafa got us to two as well and should never have been sacked.
    You won't find a more fanatical Klopp fan than me but 4 great seasons? 4 Great Liverpool FC seasons?

Come on some of you are stretching a point beyond breaking.

If Getting to a Europa League Final and losing is a Great season - WTF did Jose do at United and Lampard at Chelsea - both goat sacked...

For me it's 2 good seasons ( 2018 almost great but fizzled out and we fell off a cliff in Kiev ) and 2 superb seasons with 2019 - despite missing out on the league - being up there with the best seasons we have ever had as a club.
    Last edited by Steveo; 4th March 2021 at 05:15 PM.

You won't find a more fanatical Klopp fan than me but 4 great seasons? 4 Great Liverpool FC seasons?

Come on some of you are stretching a point beyond breaking.

If Getting to a Europa League Final and losing is a Great season - WTF did Jose do at United and Lampard at Chelsea - both goat sacked...

For me it's 2 good seasons ( 2018 almost great but fizzled out and we fell off a cliff in Kiev ) and 2 superb seasons with 2019 - despite missing out on the league - being up there with the best seasons we have ever had as a club.
    Great in terms of where we were when he took over no manager is challenging with the squad Rodgers left us with.

We all want to win but the first two years were still great to watch even if we didn’t win anything and I could see we were improving great might be over stretching it but I enjoyed it.

Sarri won the Europa but he was a dead man walking fans didn’t like him.

Mourinho did win two trophies at United but they see The league and CL as the ones they want I guess he did an ok/good job with what he had and the beauty is they sacked him for Ole who doesn’t get the stick that Jose or LVG got when he is much worse than them.

FSG's backing..

He did ok with Moores and Parry and then despite the Cowboys.
    Rafa did well with us, no question.

He was told at one stage that he had a £1.5m Summer transfer budget if I recall correctly and sales were happening were money wasn't reinvested.

I'd have liked to have seen what Rafa might have done with the £35m that went on Carroll. We'll never know though.