Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weekend’s Other Games 27/02/21

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    It will be interesting to see how much (or how little) the Accordion begins to stretch over the final games - just the 10 points separating 2nd and 8th at present.

We need results, needless to say.
    Yep, and we need results starting tomorrow and to get some form going for the Champions League City looked well beatable today and when we played them recently bar our mistakes, they're not actually creating many chances a game and their huge squad has absolutely benefited them as has the filthy's in this season more than they will in any other
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

He did, unchallenged header from 6 yards and he headed it into the ground and over.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    He did, unchallenged header from 6 yards and he headed it into the ground, high, wide and by no means handsome.
    Fixed that for you

Neto looked very good again, another comfortable playing right, left or centre too, another good finisher when opportunities come his way, also a very good crosser with either foot which would be very useful

I don't get all the fuss about Brighton's free kick and Mason, he blows to allow a quick one not realising West Brom's keeper's on his post still organising his wall and quickly blows again when he realises his mistake, he was right, not the first time Dunk's pulled that stunt either, he scored v us after Alisson was sent off last season doing the same when Adrian who had literally just got on the pitch was stood on his post trying to organise his wall and we all quite rightly thought it should be retaken and Atkinson was a twat, at least Mason was switched on enough to quickly realise his error and blow a second time - the correct decision

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I don't get all the fuss about Brighton's free kick and Mason, he blows to allow a quick one not realising West Brom's keeper's on his post still organising his wall and quickly blows again when he realises his mistake, he was right, not the first time Dunk's pulled that stunt either, he scored v us after Alisson was sent off last season doing the same when Adrian who had literally just got on the pitch was stood on his post trying to organise his wall and we all quite rightly thought it should be retaken and Atkinson was a twat, at least Mason was switched on enough to quickly realise his error and blow a second time - the correct decision
    That's the problem VAR has brought, to question every decision . At least before VAR when the ref made his decision we all had to agree with it weather it was right or wrong. That today was a bloody farce.

I disagree he obviously told Dunk he could take it and blew his whistle and he even gave the goal at one point.

Mason is a joke like Nuno of Wolves said.

Listen to what Dunk said today that sums up the performance.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I disagree he obviously told Dunk he could take it and blew his whistle and he even gave the goal at one point.

Mason is a joke like Nuno of Wolves said.

Listen to what Dunk said today that sums up the performance.
    In what i just saw Mason never gave the goal, Dunk tried to con him like he did Atkinson last season, he blew, looked up and realised he'd been had a blew again. All refs are poor, but at least he realised his mistake and made it right

In what i just saw Mason never gave the goal, Dunk tried to con him like he did Atkinson last season, he blew, looked up and realised he'd been had a blew again. All refs are poor, but at least he realised his mistake and made it right
    He doesn’t at first then he 100% gives the goal pointing to the centre circle.

He then hears something from VAR to not allow it.

My opinion is if you have been fouled why can’t you take the kick when you like after all you were the team fouled.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    He doesn’t at first then he 100% gives the goal pointing to the centre circle.

He then hears something from VAR to not allow it.

My opinion is if you have been fouled why can’t you take the kick when you like after all you were the team fouled.
    Because they don't let any team when it's a direct free kick on the edge of the area, the keeper gets to organise his wall

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    That's the problem VAR has brought, to question every decision . At least before VAR when the ref made his decision we all had to agree with it weather it was right or wrong. That today was a bloody farce.
    VAR wasn't a problem at all until the EPL FA and refs association realised that applied correctly it took away almost all their power to affect the outcomes of games

Think Ian, up until last seasons enforced Covid break had we heard the term subjective used? Nope

Do we hear the term 'Subjective' used in other leagues, Champions or Europa league? Nope

When we watch Champions or Europa League games is a foul we know and expect to be a pen or free kick always given as a pen or free kick, because apart from in our league in games involving certain teams where they alone have created this buzz word 'Subjective' as an excuse not to give them, these fouls are always a pen or free kick?

Do the same refs give these exact same almost identical fouls in games involving certain teams and not give them in other games involving certain other teams? Yes - By the very clear definition of the word 'Subjective' this shows conclusively i am right, as for it to be subjective a ref that gives it in one game HAS to give it in every other 'according to their own personal tastes and preferences' if they don't give the same foul in another game for a different side, the only conclusion that can be drawn is that it is the team or player fouled that isn't to 'their own personal taste and preference' ie deliberate bias/match fixing