Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weekend’s Other Games 27/02/21

Keane wants to be worrying about his filthy mob dropping out of the top four, their run of fixtures are all games you could see them possibly losing or dropping points in, drop any points v Palace and get beat by CIty then West Ham, you can see them going nito complete freefall

Palace away
    City away
    Milan home
    West Ham home
    Leicester away
    Brighton home
    Tottenham away
    Burnley home
    Leeds away
    Liverpool home
    Villa away
    Fulham home
    Wolves away
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I don't care where man-united finish.. as long as we finish in the top 4.. They can finish above us so what.. 2/3/4th is pretty much the same. (albeit in prize money).
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Wow that’s quite a run of fixtures for Utd. If we can get going again we should be able to close the gap, particularly if we win there.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Wow that’s quite a run of fixtures for Utd. If we can get going again we should be able to close the gap, particularly if we win there.
    Well good signs today, VERY good signs, opposition considered, Fab's apparently back for the Chelsea game, we need him at CB for our remaining games, no way we can get away with todays pairing and go on a run, when they're letting McBurnie run off the back of them, well, you obviously know, everything else was very good though, back to playing our switches, moving the ball quicker and more directly, Thiago using his passing more directly and quickly, Jones linking well with all 3 forwards, Bobby although not having his shooting boots on linking better, making late darts off players for Thiago to find him between the lines and running his usual 2 for company into areas to open things up, both full backs far better than they have been for a while although RObbo really HAS to work on his finishing and putting the ball in early over the CB's to the far post when it's on, as it's on for him so often and he doesn't put that ball in or even attempt it

Oh here's a surprise, the Manc twat on VAR trying to make the ref in the filthy game give them a penalty, Chris Kavanagh, not a pen for me, only because on several views, in my opinion, Greenwood's arm pushes the Chelsea players arm up into the ball

Incredibly rich of Ole to whine about it, given all the dodgy pens they had last season to help them into the top four and the pen they got for Rashford's dive in their last game

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Barnes out for 6 weeks minimum, knee surgery. Leicester have had bad luck with injuries too. Could be a hard run in for them if they start getting nerves.
    More a case of bad karma for them surely for Brenny having them diving all over the place, I don't wish injury on any player, except for Prickford and Richarlieson because both deliberately injured our players, but I have zero sympathy for Barnes, it's karma as far as I'm concerned for all his diving and cheating he gets instructed to do by Brenny

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Well it is what it is, Lfc in thick and thin times
    Yes it is, i'm no different with my hope for Top 4 but i just don't see it when winning games alone isn't going to be enough.
    We then have to hope others have a drop in form and there are 9 teams for Top 4
    some with games in hand.
    We just have to hope we keep on improving each game.
    Last edited by fagin; 1st March 2021 at 02:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I don't care where man-united finish.. as long as we finish in the top 4.. They can finish above us so what.. 2/3/4th is pretty much the same. (albeit in prize money).
    I think the general feeling justme is it's less about worrying about them finishing above us (it happens, they're better poised this season just now, we'd take it on the chin and whatever) and more about crossing all fingers that they have a bit of a drop-off.

But for all our woes this season, we're actually only 7 points behind. There are little moments in the season where they and Leicester look to be pulling away (both sides were 9 points ahead of us recently and people would have felt those 2 sides were safe for Top Four) and they're now both back to looking over their shoulders a little at West Ham/Chelsea/Liverpool/Everton/Villa/Tottenham to some degree.

All largely irrelevant if we don't perform. Goes without saying. But we all know what a difference the Champion's League makes for sides, in terms of prestige of being there, in terms of the money, in terms of a slightly lighter schedule than juggling the Europa League, in terms of the capacity to attract players and grow as a Club.

If Man United ended up bombing a few results and missing out, it slows their "rebirth" a bit. If Leicester miss out, it slows down their chance at becoming a regular rival and so on. With the Covid situation and the financial hit taken by clubs, this season more than most could widen/close gaps depending on what happens.

Again to me its all about top 4.. If man-united drop out all the better. Doesnt matter if they get into the champions league in the sense they are usually home before the post cards and then drop into the UEFA league
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Is Minamino starting tonight's game? Come on Minamino, come on Ingsy lad, bum them