Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Redbird Capital Partners & £530m Investment

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    The Gerrard stuff is pure paper talk.
    I wouldn't be surprised if this season has made him weigh things up, he's always put family and personal life before football. That pitted with how this season has gone and the vile way the UK press and football media go about things would be understandable, I don't see him going before his contract though.
    I’d say he’s definitely on the radar to replace klopp though. His personal stock has evened out and klopp has proven himself so great that it wouldn’t be so awkward now for stevie to come in. I don’t think it would have worked pre klopp and pre winning the cl and league because he would have been bigger than the club then. They wouldn’t have wanted that. He was a huge hero to most fans but we’ve well and truly moved on since to bigger and better things. I’d personally love if he proved himself good enough and got the job at some point in the future because I trust him to work his absolute bollox off like klopp has. Not many I trust to come in.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I’d say he’s definitely on the radar to replace klopp though. His personal stock has evened out and klopp has proven himself so great that it wouldn’t be so awkward now for stevie to come in. I don’t think it would have worked pre klopp and pre winning the cl and league because he would have been bigger than the club then. They wouldn’t have wanted that. He was a huge hero to most fans but we’ve well and truly moved on since to bigger and better things. I’d personally love if he proved himself good enough and got the job at some point in the future because I trust him to work his absolute bollox off like klopp has. Not many I trust to come in.
    I love Steven Gerrard as much as any fan but to give him the job would be a huge gamble. Weve seen first hand before that the old boys routine doesn't always work if ever to be honest.
    I'd love to see him be a success at LFC and who knows he could be made for it. Time will tell.

It only worked first time round with Dalglish because he had 100 years of experience to turn to if he ever needed to. Appointing him was a risk as it could have gone either way. Luckily it worked very well, the less said about Souness coming back as manager, the better.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    It only worked first time round with Dalglish because he had 100 years of experience to turn to if he ever needed to. Appointing him was a risk as it could have gone either way. Luckily it worked very well, the less said about Souness coming back as manager, the better.
    Paisley worked reasonably well. Lolz.

Paisley worked reasonably well. Lolz.
    Indeed but i was talking about players who were legends returning as boss. I wouldn't put Paisley in that category.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

I feel Klopp is the kind of person who won't walk away from a contract.
    If he were to leave, would Pep Lijnders go with him? I would like him to stay at Anfield as an assistant, or maybe even manager.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Indeed but i was talking about players who were legends returning as boss. I wouldn't put Paisley in that category.
    Yeah I was only lolz etcetering.

Yeah I was only lolz etcetering.
    Sorry Tees.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I feel Klopp is the kind of person who won't walk away from a contract.
    If he were to leave, would Pep Lijnders go with him? I would like him to stay at Anfield as an assistant, or maybe even manager.
    A mate at work was talking about him. He managed NEC breda in Holland. Not sure if he got sacked or just left to come back to LFC.

Lijnders as manager would be a bigger risk than Stevie coming in and keeping him as assistant.