Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Sheffield United v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Bobby was much better tonight, not in his finishing, but I know the solution to that issue, but he was making those runs I was talking about to move the 2 midfielders looking him to swamp him and lay it off simple and looking to immediately turn and get forward to support any attack if the ball forward after his lay off was successful

Made short darts off the midfielders tracking him for Thiago to thread balls through midfield

Needs to get in the nets in training and get back to 'no look' finishing, maybe it's a confidence thing, most probably, but a lot of Bobby's best finishes and goals, he knows where he is and where the goal is and where he wants to put it and has picked his spot before he receives the ball and you only see where he's going to put it at the point he strikes it, needs to get back to that I think, know where he's putting it before he receives it, one touch or first time, whack
    Need to stop swinging at the ball and concentrate on striking it. He’s throwing his leg at it at the moment.

Good to see the forum in good spirits.
    Bring on the rent boys ( are we allowed to call them that now )

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I believe its dirty rent boys if you're being pc

Credit to John Moss, he had a good game, the most honestly officiated game we've played in the Premier League I can remember for a long time, too long, it was actually and honestly the first game involving us that I've watched in a very long time which was like watching a normal game of football, like when we play in the Champions League, what you expect to be a foul is a foul, for both teams
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I really like Chris Wilder, good honest manager, hope Sheffield UTD hold onto him, it hasn't done Norwich any harm hanging onto Daniel Farke, they got struck almost as hard by Covid and injuries as we did, we can loan him Davies if they go down, he wanted to buy him in the summer, they were looking good for top four pre covid, and their form fell apart after the enforced break
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Klopp: "There's a lot to come from Curtis. The potential is exceptional. In the analysis we showed him this week he needs to be more in the decisive areas. It worked out well for him tonight."

I think that sums up pretty much how I feel about him. He’s got huge potential for a player his age, but he needs to do more in his position.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Job Done.

Kabak is a real worry. Phillips did well enough, I've been really impressed with him when he's played.

I'd be more than happy with him as 4th choice next season. I'd bring in a first choice to partner big Virg and send Matip on his way.

Vvd
    New CB
    Gomez
    Phillips.

Kabak looks properly dopey. Not switched on at all.

Trent is getting back up to speed by the looks of things. He's been one of our best players for the last few weeks.

Good to see Milner and Keita back. Get Jota back up and running and we'll have a few more options.

If we can just sneak a win against Chelsea it will set us up nicely for the run in.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Thank Fuck for that.... in reff to your first point BTW....LOL

Klopp documentary on sky now.

At The End Of The Storm.

On again 9 pm Tomorrow - sky Documentaries

for anyone who wants to record it all.