Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2225262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Sheffield United v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Kabak is a real worry.
    He has looked shaky at times, but I think we need to consider the big picture with him (if we intend to keep him) given his age and situation.

At Kabak's age, Van Djik was only just beginning to play for Groningen in the Eredivisie for example.

He's just joined the League Champions from the Bundesliga, having been playing for a relegation-bound club.

He's joined in January, during the pandemic, been chucked in where we have been low on confidence with a lot of changes to the side, plus he is playing in front of the empty stadiums, now playing in the position of the World's best centre-back.

Don't think he has been fantastic and there are some things to keep an eye on, but it's still really early days yet.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    He has looked shaky at times, but I think we need to consider the big picture with him (if we intend to keep him) given his age and situation.

At Kabak's age, Van Djik was only just beginning to play for Groningen in the Eredivisie for example.

He's just joined the League Champions from the Bundesliga, having been playing for a relegation-bound club.

He's joined in January, during the pandemic, been chucked in where we have been low on confidence with a lot of changes to the side, plus he is playing in front of the empty stadiums, now playing in the position of the World's best centre-back.

Don't think he has been fantastic and there are some things to keep an eye on, but it's still really early days yet.
    He joined a team totally devoid of confidence. In his 3 PL games he has had 2 CB pairings and 2 GKs.
    His performance reviews on this forum from the Sheff U game range from very good to very bad.
    Think it is way too early to call him out.
    Jürgen has clearly always seen something in him that he likes.
    I think he would ideally like to be playing in a more confident and settled side with an experienced CB alongside but things are what they are.

Well said Sid. This is a hard time for any player coming in, but centre back partnerships need time to develop, whoever they are. I suspect Klopp will persevere with Kabak even when Fab returns. He’s going to have to be on his A game against Chelsea that’s for sure.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

@ Sid - to add to that - he didn’t actually join till February. So it does seem harsh the criticism he is getting.

Wouldn’t play him v Chelsea though - not yet

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Trent motm closely followed by Gini and Curtis Jones.
    Gini was excellent tonight, he keeps the ball so well, very rarely gives the ball away.
    Bit of redemption for Adrian with a clean sheet tonight, did everything required of him.

The two CB’s on the other hand, particularly Kabak were poor. Thank God we haven’t bought the lad, he looks way out of his depth.

Sadio needs a rest, that wasn’t him tonight.
    Has Sadio had Covid? Could he be suffering from long Covid? Even a 5-10% drop off in performance would be massive for a top class athlete. Any others in the squad?

I remember mentioning this quite a while back. Which is why I am so disappointed with the grief our players have been getting on here.
    Sadio had covid, also Mo salah, Thiago, Trent and one or two others (maybe Tsimikas?)

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I remember mentioning this quite a while back. Which is why I am so disappointed with the grief our players have been getting on here.
    Sadio had covid, also Mo salah, Thiago, Trent and one or two others (maybe Tsimikas?)
    Yes i think so.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Yes Tsimikas and Shaqiri too.

Sadio’s pace has dropped noticeably too, he’s not burning past players as he normally does and not holding players off like he usually does.
    Something’s not right.

Getting older every day - 28 and counting - has worked his balls off these last 3 years and other teams are naturally working out how to defend him.

Needs to find new ways to make a difference all top players do. Much harder for him and Mo with Bobby making life so easy for opposing defenders.

Collective drop off - been evident for a year.