Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Sheffield United v Liverpool (Match Thread)

If Jota comes back in - and is in similar shape to before his injury - I expect a huge uplift in form from Mané - Bobby and Mo.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    If Jota comes back in - and is in similar shape to before his injury - I expect a huge uplift in form from Mané - Bobby and Mo.
    Mane's form dropped off a cliff when Jota came in and Jurgen changed Mane's movement and positioning, as did Robbo's, again, not a slight on Jota who has been superb, but I just don't think there was any need for Jurgen to change Mane and Mo's runs and positioning when bringing Jota in, the result has been Mane and Robbo well below the levels we expect of them
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

His form was sketchy by last February and March. Like many others. Had a decent start to this season - and waned.

But you can choose to see what you wish and ignore what you choose

His form was sketchy by last February and March. Like many others. Had a decent start to this season - and waned.

But you can choose to see what you wish and ignore what you choose
    It dropped off when his movement and positioning was changed, he was immediately less effective as was Robbo, I noticed the changes immediately, how it was in my opinion adversely affecting Mane and Robbo and 3 or 4 games down the line, both their superb early season form went to shit

So he can’t be moved and perform? Also when moved back is also not the same player?

Hmm strange.

Honestly mate - you can write till the cows come home. These players have been used to such an extent without any rotation - they have achieved much but they have lost their edge. Our form was fine when Jota came in - in fact it was better than before Virgil got injured. it’s been shocking the more has been asked of them since his injury.

Clear as day - but - as you were

So he can’t be moved and perform? Also when moved back is also not the same player?

Hmm strange.
    Not strange at all, the automation had been broken down and we'd stopped playing the switches to find him and Robbo in isolation, another part of the automation of what we did that was broken down

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Not strange at all, the automation had been broken down and we'd stopped playing the switches to find him and Robbo in isolation, another part of the automation of what we did that was broken down
    A top class player can play in more than one defined role and position - if not they are useless.

Robbo has been epic - worked his socks off - but he really isn’t quite the quality some would have us believe - at least IMO. Extremely effective is how I would describe him. Bombing forward and working relentlessly. The second the work rate drops - you have an decent player but not top class. His shooting and short passing are atrocious.

Mané can be unplayable BUT he too has had many spells where he will infuriate you. Right now he is simply lacking energy and confidence. His passing is shocking too. Bang out of form.

No need to blame Klopp for daring to try and play a different eg game. The game you want to carry on playing will see us with 20 injuries never mind the ones we do have.

Cannot play million mile an hour football with the same group of players over such a long time and not expect a breakdown.

Fact.

A top class player can play in more than one defined role and position - if not they are useless.

Robbo has been epic - worked his socks off - but he really isn’t quite the quality some would have us believe - at least IMO. Extremely effective is how I would describe him. Bombing forward and working relentlessly. The second the work rate drops - you have an decent player but not top class. His shooting and short passing are atrocious.

Mané can be unplayable BUT he too has had many spells where he will infuriate you. Right now he is simply lacking energy and confidence. His passing is shocking too. Bang out of form.

No need to blame Klopp for daring to try and play a different eg game. The game you want to carry on playing will see us with 20 injuries never mind the ones we do have.

Cannot play million mile an hour football with the same group of players over such a long time and not expect a breakdown.

Fact.
    We've covered this Steveo, how we play at our best our players actually have to do far less running and long sprints in particular

We have covered it all before and you seem incapable of seeing the bleedin obvious even when supported by evidence.

Best switch you can play here is the one that says OFF

We have covered it all before and you seem incapable of seeing the bleedin obvious even when supported by evidence.

Best switch you can play here is the one that says OFF
    I supported it was evidence, you never actually replied, let alone with any evidence

Tell me again Steveo, how it is that by playing as we have recently, every player covering more of the entire pitch, making far more longer sprints and runs every game is somehow saving energy and players legs and protecting them from injury and fatigue than playing mostly all game in one half of the pitch, covering less ground, making less long sprints and runs

Answer the question, what evidence, ever, in the history of the human body is there that doing more running, longer sprints and runs saves energy and is somehow less fatiguing?

Or STOP talking bollocks maybe

Edit: I know you didn't back that up with any evidence, because there isn't any available evidence, anywhere, nor will there ever be that running more miles and doing more longer sprints is somehow energy saving and less fatiguing
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 1st March 2021 at 09:24 PM.