Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 242728293031323334

Thread: Sheffield United v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Naaah - come on dude - face the fact that simply playing the same players in the same positions indefinitely is about as clever a concept as banging your head on the table.

Not only will you be found out
    , but your players will fall apart.

See evidence

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    A top class player can play in more than one defined role and position - if not they are useless.

Robbo has been epic - worked his socks off - but he really isn’t quite the quality some would have us believe - at least IMO. Extremely effective is how I would describe him. Bombing forward and working relentlessly. The second the work rate drops - you have an decent player but not top class. His shooting and short passing are atrocious.

Mané can be unplayable BUT he too has had many spells where he will infuriate you. Right now he is simply lacking energy and confidence. His passing is shocking too. Bang out of form.

No need to blame Klopp for daring to try and play a different eg game. The game you want to carry on playing will see us with 20 injuries never mind the ones we do have.

Cannot play million mile an hour football with the same group of players over such a long time and not expect a breakdown.

Fact.
    Your first line i can definitely relate to. I've always said if during games, things aren't working, players should be clever enough to switch things round themselves they shouldn't need Klopp to hold their hands.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Everton looking very solid at the back, punting long balls for diving twat
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Godfrey gets done by Adam, who rolled him, the bitters defender all over him clearly holding him, Adams goes to ground, nothing doing, surprise surprise

Southampton don't look like scoring in a brothel unfortunately, now Holgate's thrown himself to ground and an instant free kick, never a foul again

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    A top class player can play in more than one defined role and position - if not they are useless
    They can when they are used in different roles a positions through formation and tactical tweaks on a regular basis, when they've been playing a set position in a set system with the same 12-14 players for 3 full seasons and so much of how brilliant they have become is through that continuity of selection and formation and the incredible automation that has been created, it is obviously different

Things I noticed about Mane - He seemed unsure when his positioning and runs were altered, got in positions if he had got to coming in from LFWD he would have buried, but seemed hesitant and unsure or what to do, when moved back to LFWD the switches weren't there for his runs in behind and when he made his trade mark outside in runs and was found, he again seemed unsure, confused even, stopped doing what had become natural because he was thinking about the different things he'd been asked to do

I get what you're saying, but it is very different when they played as described for 3 years

Sky were talking about the filthys forwards tonight, and even though they have been tried pretty regularly in all 3 forward positions, they have the same problem and not one of them, except Cavani, is comfortable at No9 and not one of them except Cavani plays well in a narrower 2

Aguerro came back in for City in their last game and was hopeless, because all their dynamics have changed in his absence (sound familiar?) they reverted to playing as they used to when he started for a spell, and looked as poor as they did for a lot of last season trying that, then they subbed him for Jesus, played as they had been doing without Aguerro and won comfortably and played much better

Jota's been brilliant for us when played at No9 and at RFWD and starting at RCM becoming effectively a fourth forward, but he's sucked at LFWD, when LM/LFWD was where he mostly played for Wolves

Dynamics, familiarity of formation, other players and their positions and abilities and team dynamics counts for an awful lot Steveo, a lot more than you seem to appreciate, than most in fact, most seem to think it's fantasy manager and you can makes changes that have the chain reaction of actually being massive changes as they affect numerous other players and it will just be business as usual, as the evidence shows, it doesn't work like that, it isn't fantasy manager

Horse manure