Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Chelsea

Kabak and Phillips were excellent today.

Albeit v Shaff Utd

Didnt think they were horrendous, just a lack of communication at times. They both have their faults but did some good things too. Kabak wasn't too bad in possession, just cleared it at times which to be honest isn't a bad thing right now. Weve had our fair share of issues through not putting it out of defence quick enough and messing about at the back.
    Both need time. Maybe put Fab back in for a Thursday and if we do OK havethem both back in for Fulham?
    Klopp has said Fab and Allison should be good for Thursday.

According to the offal Jurgen expects Alisson, Jota (depending on recovery from illness) and Fab to all be available to face Chelsea
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Kabak repeatedly misjudges the flight of the ball, mistimes his tackles and is terrible in possession. He allowed Olly McBurnie to make several runs off him today and he is possibly the slowest and least talented striker in the Premier League.

I don’t think even Virgil could make him look good enough.
    No-one can be as bad a Carragher was in that rare opportunity Houllier gave him v the filthy, which he scored 2 own goals in and was never played at CB again by Houllier after he was so terrible, Houllier even preferring Igor Biscan at CB ahead of him "Igor has revealed himself in the position of CB"
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I really believe if we start the same CB pairing, Chelsea will get 3 or 4.
    We were already a goal down when Philips came on in the derby, and conceded one as a pair. They kept a clean sheet today as a partnership so i don't see a problem in pairing them up again. He should give them a decent run at it and put Fabinho back into midfield if he's available. Can't keep swapping and changing when there isn't any need to imo.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

To be fair to Phillips and Kabak, whilst they weren't perfect, I think they had a few occurrences of stepping up to keep Sheffield players offside.

Something we likely need to be in control of against Chelsea's pace.

I'd love Fabinho to be ready for that match, but I actually think I'd use him in midfield rather than use ANOTHER pairing - although Phillips and Fabinho have played together if I recall correctly.

Kabak has barely been in the country a month.

He has had to switch sides at CB too and had two different keepers.

He has done ok he has had a few lapses but he is 20 NOBODY is the finished article at CB especially at that age.

Look at him for Leipzig the other week against us £40m he was hopeless.

Carragher was a disgrace the other week imagine him playing in a Klopp system he'd get destroyed.

It isnt just who has partner at CB we have very little screening in CM either.

Agreed to a point.

It isn’t Kabak’s fault the club is unwilling to do any more than rely on Klopp’s miracles!

The clean sheet was far more down to how poor the Sheff Utd strikers are than any good play by our CB’s.
    I don’t care how old Kabak is, how long he’s been in the country or how hard he’s trying. I only care about playing the best players we have available and if Fabinho is available I’d be putting him straight back in at CB.
    Don’t let a clean sheet against Sheff Utd cloud your judgement. Massive game on Thursday, need to be as tight at the back as we can be.

The clean sheet was far more down to how poor the Sheff Utd strikers are than any good play by our CB’s.
    I don’t care how old Kabak is, how long he’s been in the country or how hard he’s trying. I only care about playing the best players we have available and if Fabinho is available I’d be putting him straight back in at CB.
    Don’t let a clean sheet against Sheff Utd cloud your judgement. Massive game on Thursday, need to be as tight at the back as we can be.
    Its not clouding my judgment at all.

Fabinho will play if fit against Chelsea that is a given.

Kabak imo is better than Phillips some wont agree but they are the best two CB we have at the minute.

Does Fab start against Fulham with the CL game 3 days later ?

If you are asking me would I sign Kabak in the summer i'd say no as we can get better with more experience.