Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Kabak getting lots of stick not sure he has been completely terrible.

He has been in the country a month and we have kept 2 clean sheets.

He has had 2-3 CBs and 2 keepers.

Not saying he is Maldini but if he played next to VVD might be different.

Makes you appreciate how good Gomez is even though he is only 22-23 its very rare CBs are top class at that age.
    Think the stick over the last few games has been justified Legs. Agree, lad is young, but other young CB have shown glimpses of awareness and ability to judge the flight of a ball. He recovers well, but that’s been against poor opposition.

Definitely appreciate what Gomez provides, but he also has a mistake or two in his locker. Not everyone is a VVD. I think that’s what we’re basing any other CB on which isn’t the right way about it for sure. Kabak, regrettably hasn’t shown he’s capable. Happy to give him time this season, we’re going to have to, but I don’t see him being here beyond his loan spell

When it comes to Fabhino at centre back even he,i have my question marks about. I think we need to get more cover at the back on Thursday so our midfielders will have to do a lot of hard work in front of them
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

If we’re saying we can’t expect to have another VVD, how about another fit version of Matip ? Brilliant defender, there must be another Matip out there.

We can now all see and appreciate just how good Gomez is now he is out Doc very good CB for his age certainly better than Upamecano.

VVD/Matip are our best two we all know that but Joe is seriously good too.

I agree Kabak is unlikely to be here next season and he needs to show more to earn a contract.

I guess like a few others have said im willing to give him a chance and with our backs against the wall this season im going to back all of our players to the very end of the season.

If we finish 9th it happens but i'm positive for next season even now as its going to be a different ball game with crowds.

As I mentioned on the match thread. I'd be happy enough with Phillips as 4th choice and bring in a replacement for Matip.

VVD
    New CB
    Gomez
    Phillips
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    If we’re saying we can’t expect to have another VVD, how about another fit version of Matip ? Brilliant defender, there must be another Matip out there.
    Need to bin the Arsenal doctor and hopefully just have a fit Matip. Unlikely as he is made of glass.

Our injuries (training ones) in particular are a worry.

Players aren’t made the same anymore. Crunching tackles and players would just get up and crack on. Maybe training is more intense nowadays?

I’ll just say we’re just extremely unlucky

People keep using the fact that we have used so many different cb pairings this season. We now have a chance to keep the same one going to see how they fare together in a run of games. Neither are obviously VVD level, they are also not like Matip, who is never fit, but they are conventional centre backs, not midfield players used there in an emergency. Get behind these players instead of trying to pick holes in their performances.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Even VvD was having a few howlers before his injury. We haven’t looked great defensively for quite some time.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Even VvD was having a few howlers before his injury. We haven’t looked great defensively for quite some time.
    For more than a year

Listening to klopp on sky sports. He said jota was with the squad for last night but got sick and had to be sent home. So need to wait on him.