Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394243444546474849505152 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Chelsea (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I don’t accept that excuse whatsoever to be honest. Yes it could explain the odd bad result and maybe dropping out of a title race but not this shite.
    Its not just fans mate.

Injuries, Covid, no time to rotate all factors.

Hopefully this season is the last I see like this let me be clear its shit for everyone not just us.

United look like they might be burning out abit too the only team flying is City.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Would there be boos by now if fans were allowed in I wonder. There’s literally no way of conveying to them how shit this is bar the abuse that’s bound to be mounting up on the cringe Instagram activity. I think that’s all club controlled to be honest, all that social media stuff.
    I'm surprised they are allowed on after defeats. It winds fans up hearing "we know its not good enough" nonsense. Robertson at it again lasnite, yeah we know mate. We are watching every game.

Contractual - but agreed, it sucks.

LLooking back for a comparative run of poor form then I find that the start of 1984/85 season is very similar. We started that season with 11 points from the first 11 games with goals almost completely drying up after the first handful of games.
    The previous season we had won a league and cup treble.
    Joe Fagan did manage to turn it round however and we eventually ended up 2nd.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984%E2%80%9385_Liverpool_F.C._season
    The next season we done the double!

To add to my post above,
    On the 27th October 1984 we were 20th in a league of 22 teams, with 11 points after the opening 11 games.
    https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-division-one/27-october-1984/

This season's fucked, give players rest to try and make something of the Champions League, Jurgen has lost his way, changed too much and doesn't have the players available to revert to what worked prior to changing it, I don't see much changing until this season's over, we have everyone fit and add another commanding CB and 2 of the right type of midfielders for evolution with the skills sets we need and get to reboot and have a pre season
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

One thing that has comeback to me and annoyed me is when that Chelsea tosser kicked the ball at Mane head whilst on the floor, why didnt our players have an issue with it ?

Could do with another Suarez in this team a street fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    One thing that has comeback to me and annoyed me is when that Chelsea tosser kicked the ball at Mane head whilst on the floor, why didnt our players have an issue with it ?

Depends whether they seen it or not, some of them may have been in the wrong position to notice it.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

They’re not playing or fighting for each other. Can see it plain as day. No one cares at the moment. Leagues over. Top 4 trophy doesn’t interest these lads.

Agger was pretty fierce too.