Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2424546474849505152

Thread: Liverpool v Chelsea (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Billy Bullshitter I think you mean
    Let's reserve judgement until he tells us who's feeding him the info, or maybe he's really Clinton Baptist moonlighting on here.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Well i’ll take the word of Klopp he doesn’t strike me as being a bullshiter.

Mane hasn’t given up at all he isn’t that type of player my personal belief is Covid has probably affected him more than we think.

Some will argue the above that’s fine but after seeing them them at this club for 5 years that is what I believe.

We are having a bad season by our standards that is all.
    that's were in at with it all.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Let's reserve judgement until he tells us who's feeding him the info, or maybe he's really Clinton Baptist moonlighting on here.
    He's a bullshitter, plus if this season has shown anything, it's how reliant our forwards are on what the rest of the team do to support them playing as they do, and people love to slate the rest of the team, but our forwards conversion rate has never been good enough, yes inexperienced players in defence have made costly mistakes, but in 7 or 8 of the games we've dropped points in, our forwards, Mo and Mane more than Bobby as they're the ones the chances were presented to, have spurned glorious, simply have to find the back of the net early chances and other simply MUST score chances

Need Neto in the summer, can score, cross and play the kind of balls were looking for midfielders who can play to put other forwards in
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He's a bullshitter, plus if this season has shown anything, it's how reliant our forwards are on what the rest of the team do to support them playing as they do, and people love to slate the rest of the team, but our forwards conversion rate has never been good enough, yes inexperienced players in defence have made costly mistakes, but in 7 or 8 of the games we've dropped points in, our forwards, Mo and Mane more than Bobby as they're the ones the chances were presented to, have spurned glorious, simply have to find the back of the net early chances and other simply MUST score chances

Need Neto in the summer, can score, cross and play the kind of balls were looking for midfielders who can play to put other forwards in
    We definitely need something to get the front 3 going again, Jota seemed to mixed it up with them before he got injured. Our biggest problem is our squad isn't big enough with top class players like City. I want us to add to the squad not sell players especially any of our front 3 who over the past couple of seasons have been the best in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    We definitely need something to get the front 3 going again, Jota seemed to mixed it up with them before he got injured. Our biggest problem is our squad isn't big enough with top class players like City. I want us to add to the squad not sell players especially any of our front 3 who over the past couple of seasons have been the best in the world.
    They have, I personally think Mane has been treated very shabbily though, he looked like absolutely destroying City's new CB in that game, then got shifted to LM after 25 minutes, in favour of playing Jota and Mo up top in a 2, after everything he's done in the last few seasons and what he'd already done in that game

Then he got his position and movement fucked about with to accomodate Jota coming in, and I still have absolutely no idea why altering what Mane did was necessary at all and that broke down his brilliant interaction with Robbo and Gini on our left

We've had VAR, we've had crippling injuries, but we've also created too many problems ourselves by fucking about with things that should have been left well alone, Klopp played Mane out of form and I won't have a wrong word said about him

We're doing daft things, breaking existing things that did work brilliantly in the process in my opinion, this moving Mane into the middle and having Robbo occupy a left wing position for a start, it's fucking mental, the strength of our left side was Mane making his runs in behind and getting in front of defenders to get the ball down or make clearing it effectively impossible so we won the second ball from there, Gini, Robbo or Bobby and Robbo arriving from deeper with well timed runs to support Mane when that ball was played or running from deeper in conjunction with Mane's run in behind to be found in time and space with the right to left switch

That 3-1 v City at Anfield was built on right to left switches on the counter with Trent sitting mostly deeper and Robbo driving forward beyond Gini and the rest of our midfield to be found with it

All that's happening trying to do what we're doing now is the centre becomes a lot more congested and crowded making it more difficult to play through and opposition managers like Ancelotti switch to a back five with a defender designated to pick Robbo up, which didn't happen when he was coming from deeper with well timed runs, and he was doing that against sides with a back four or back five, but we've fucked that now

Edit: It reminds me of the old, he's a good attacking full back, we should play him in midfield bollocks, it never ever works, the reason those attacking full backs are so good, in all cases, is down to the surprise element and the excellent timing of their runs from deeper positions to be found in time and space, when they have been moved into midfield, all that happens is they're picked up all game by a midfielder or full back and completely nullified

Edit: It also complete destroys all Robbo's opportunities to put in a centre like his ones for Jota and Bobby so far this season. The LFWD making his run in behind and Robbo's simultaneous run off the back of the midfielders to be found in time and space does or rather did 3 things, it stretches the opposition line a little wide, making space for the run through the 2 Cbs, it stops the opposition RB quickly getting to Robbo, because he's occupied by Mane, or as against Palace, Minamino and that gives Robbo just a little more time to consider his delivery and pick out the run between the 2 CBs or Mo making a run to the far post
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 7th March 2021 at 12:51 AM.