Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 38414243444546474849505152 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Chelsea (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Way too much over analysing going on of this that and the other. The players can barely run outtthere. Watching Chelsea pop passes through what was a half naked attempt at pressing last night was depressing. Bobby and mane have lost all bite and aggression, pace and physicality. Robbo now looks like a hull city full back. They’re absolutely spent and won’t be able to just switch it on for cl. Vvd ain’t gonna sort eff all out either. We need a break and some new players.
    Agree to a point but then even after that it doesn't explain why we cant score one goal at Anfield in 2021. 8 points clear of City on Xmas day, 22 points behind now.
    That isn't injuries or form or anything else. Its lack of effort and a collective surrender. Theres no other explanation for it. They should still be able to score goals.
    I'm not calling for Klopp to go at all, I trust him to sort this out but I get why some people are doubting him now. Him subbing Mo at 1 hour last night was appalling and its understandable people saying hes lost the plot.
    This is an unprecedented slide and its now gone way past a "when everyone's back" type fix. This is big now, a big fucking problem that is way beyond injuries as it looks like a rot or a deep malaise within. Everyone is scratching their heads. Lots of issues all combined to make one almighty drop off. But we should still be able to muster more than we have from the last months.
    Looks to me like it started off with a few dropped pints early on against WBA,Newcastle etc and its now snowballed beyond repair for the season. We have one of the poorest forms in the league.

We won't go from this to title winners next season, it just doesn't work that way. Most of them won't get a break either with the Euros going ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree to a point but then even after that it doesn't explain why we cant score one goal at Anfield in 2021. 8 points clear of City on Xmas day, 22 points behind now.
    That isn't injuries or form or anything else. Its lack of effort and a collective surrender. Theres no other explanation for it. They should still be able to score goals.
    I'm not calling for Klopp to go at all, I trust him to sort this out but I get why some people are doubting him now. Him subbing Mo at 1 hour last night was appalling and its understandable people saying hes lost the plot.
    This is an unprecedented slide and its now gone way past a "when everyone's back" type fix. This is big now, a big fucking problem that is way beyond injuries as it looks like a rot or a deep malaise within. Everyone is scratching their heads. Lots of issues all combined to make one almighty drop off. But we should still be able to muster more than we have from the last months.
    Looks to me like it started off with a few dropped pints early on against WBA,Newcastle etc and its now snowballed beyond repair for the season. We have one of the poorest forms in the league.

We won't go from this to title winners next season, it just doesn't work that way. Most of them won't get a break either with the Euros going ahead.
    I agree with you. There’s a complete breakdown of ever element of a functional team. It’s not just tactical changes. Everything is gone. On mo there’s a story doing the rounds that klopps as roared at mo to track back properly just before the 60 th minute and no proceeded to trot nonchalantly back and klopp immediately hooked him. Mos agent tweeted about it at the time seemingly. I think things look very bad looking in from the outside.

Its concerning for sure but we could and should have gone a goal up from Mane.

I think our players are knackered like I said last night its been the same three in midfield for months and pretty much the same three in attack.

The only players getting a break are our CBs !

Mane started the season well he is only 28 and appears to have lost some strength/speed im hoping he is just knackered but its since Covid it has happened.

We can all sit here and say you need to do this that and the other but we have no idea how the virus has impacted the likes of Trent/Mane.

I dont watch other teams but I guess its happened to other teams players too.

Next season City will probably win it again and its the same every year finish above them and you win the league.

I agree with you. There’s a complete breakdown of ever element of a functional team. It’s not just tactical changes. Everything is gone. On mo there’s a story doing the rounds that klopps as roared at mo to track back properly just before the 60 th minute and no proceeded to trot nonchalantly back and klopp immediately hooked him. Mos agent tweeted about it at the time seemingly. I think things look very bad looking in from the outside.
    Which is odd, cos to me it looked like Mo was one of the few that was busting a gut to press from the front.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Anyone who wants klopp gone is totally insane.
    Shankly had a bad period.
    I wonder in 1981 when liverpool were 12th at xmas if everyone was saying Paisley out !!

Man Utd 1986 to 1992 won near bollock all... fergie out !!
    Looking back for a comparative run of poor form then I find that the start of 1984/85 season is very similar. We started that season with 11 points from the first 11 games with goals almost completely drying up after the first handful of games.
    The previous season we had won a league and cup treble.
    Joe did manage to turn it round however and we ended up 2nd.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984%E2%80%9385_Liverpool_F.C._season

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Which is odd, cos to me it looked like Mo was one of the few that was busting a gut to press from the front.
    Me too. It didn't look like a lack of effort, he was trying whereas Firmino stank from the off and was at fault for their goal. I said to my mate after that he'll get 90 mind in this game. I only half expected it though. My jaw nearly hit the floor when he didn't take him off on the hour.
    There cant be many fans who want to see him starting games now.

Would there be boos by now if fans were allowed in I wonder. There’s literally no way of conveying to them how shit this is bar the abuse that’s bound to be mounting up on the cringe Instagram activity. I think that’s all club controlled to be honest, all that social media stuff.

Would there be boos by now if fans were allowed in I wonder. There’s literally no way of conveying to them how shit this is bar the abuse that’s bound to be mounting up on the cringe Instagram activity. I think that’s all club controlled to be honest, all that social media stuff.
    Yeah probably would be but im sure with fans in the table looks completely different.

Im looking at Everton Leicester West Ham all in false positions.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    It was strange to take him off.

My only guess is Klopp wanted to protect him from injury as if he got injured we not score again this season !

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Yeah probably would be but im sure with fans in the table looks completely different.

Im looking at Everton Leicester West Ham all in false positions.
    I don’t accept that excuse whatsoever to be honest. Yes it could explain the odd bad result and maybe dropping out of a title race but not this shite.