Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Chelsea (Match Thread)

fuck sake var!!!

Good goal from Mount, Chelsea looking alright but yet again we're one ball away from clicking...Mane's gotta stay out wide and use his pace, get Jota on for Bobby who i don't blame for the goal. Fab left to chase on his todd should never be happening. Trent needs to cover the breaks surely.
    You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"

Over to Jurgen to sort this shit out at halftime

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    I knew Jones was liable to have a 'meh' game at best (unless I've reverse jinxed him) given that some in the media were singing his praises again today after not doing that much his one recent goal apart. The last time they did that he went to ****.
    He is not the finish article yet. He reverts back to that slow type of football after he had a good game or goal. He touches the ball too much. When he is quick and mixes it up he is better. But he likes slowing it and turning unnecessarily doesn't like driving into the heart of a retreating defence like Foden or Mount does youngsters his age.

Even when all our players are back, this team/squad needs 'serious' investment in it during the summer. If there isn't, get ready for a return to decades of fighting to get in the top four with the occasional 'near miss'.

I just dont get firmino position in the 11.
    you can almost guarantee Klopp will take off Jones for Jota, Keita for Thiago (with 10 minutes to go and he will give Origi 3 minutes in place of Bobby.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Thiago looks such a bad fit. It’s all too fast and physical for him.
    Let’s see Jota ASAP or we ain’t scoring til Fulham turn up.

Thiago needs to use his passing skills better and earlier, plays too safe too often, with Hendo out he's our only midfielder with the ability to connect our forwards runs when we win it back and can get Mane and Mo on the shoulder of or in behind their LCB and RCB, so he needs to do it

Not a good half, Mane should have made it 1-0, we were very lucky to get away with the Werner offside, not a great half, but they're a good team with lots of very good players and at full strength, it's not going to be easy and with Hendo out the press isn't where it needs to be for a game like this, we keep giving them time and space to weigh up and play their long balls in behind and we're sorely missing our switches and attempted balls over the top, so Thiago needs to show a lot more in that respect

Give it 10 minutes second half, get Jota on for Jones and unleash all four forwards
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Over to Jurgen to sort this shit out at halftime
    You’re having a laugh if you think he will. Long gone are the days where the “mentality monsters” will come back from this.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Even when all our players are back, this team/squad needs 'serious' investment in it during the summer. If there isn't, get ready for a return to decades of fighting to get in the top four with the occasional 'near miss'.
    The hunger has gone. Some of that 11 need replacing.