Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 34373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Chelsea (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Look I am pissed with Klopp, but I feel overall he is also goosed mentally. Klopp is and Now it is starting to feel like was the best Manager we have had. I don't know the future without Klopp i just know that the presence is bleak. Yes we are Liverpool. YNWA. Then i would say Hodgson deserved more time than to implement his plan. Did you give it to him? Then Brendan definitely didn't serve to be sacked. They got sacked because it was stale especially in Rodgers case, Hodgson was just a wrong appointment from th start. Who knows if Sanchez came and replaced Suarez instead of Balotelli.

Hodgson was a disgrace he sucked up to Ferguson in his FIRST press conference he was a loser and I won’t lie I was glad he went.

Rodgers deserved to go he lost 6-1 at Stoke in Gerrards last game he should have gone then he had 4 years won nothing.

You are entitled to your opinion you want him gone I don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    19x - Player manager
    first Mbappe and now this. The ultimate dream team !!

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    19x - Player manager
    All day...wouldnt use his as a player as he'd be screaming "lets bum them" every time they come out of the dugout. Bit dodgy and some may say "politically incorrect"

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    3 years of Rock n roll football, winning thophies then all of a sudden injuries to key players and it's gone, just like that. It was bound to catch up on them and now especially the league they're not arsed with anything other than first.
    Now Champions league is another thing they might just be interested in that !!
    That’s a fair assessment mate.

As for the criticism of Klopp on here, in any normal season, with a settled back four, I might have some sympathy, but this isn’t a normal season by any stretch of the imagination. That’s a fact.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    At least we'd have a target to aim for at set pieces
    Are you good up front too?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Ian quoted it perfectly "clear as mud" One rule to rule them all doesn't exist.

Persisiting with underperforming players when you have players fit is inexcusable. Bringing on Oxlaide-Chamberlain for Jones? Ox hasn't done anything when called upon. Jones wasn't that bad. Taking off Salah for Jota? yes, bewildering. The tactics aren't there, be it down to bad luck with injuries, or being found out by other team.

19x says we've never been a team to pass through defence, we should as a "quality" side be able to adapt and play differently. I don't see that.

Dicko mentioned the confidence has gone, it's been shot to shit, but you do not lose 5 games on the bounce at home. Chelsea and city aside (who have the better team in my opinion), not Brighton, not Burnley and most definitely not Everton. The draws against west brom, Newcastle and Fulham? The brain fart at the back with Alison (playing training ground routines with the keeper with a high pressing team is a recipe for disaster)

Our highline which worked so well, has been found out too. Too many lobbed balls passing our defence easily (I'll give that to VVD as he's injured) but he too was getting caught out this season prior to his injury.

Sure, another season with similar tactics and "bewildering" subs isn't going to look pretty at all. Full squad or not. No one wants us to be out of the top four. (still mathematically possible) but hypothetically doesn't look like we have a chance in hell. The loss of top four isn't going to make us fresh! Thats insane talk. Great teams challenge for everything. We drop out of domestic competitions to keep fresh, which is another thing about Klopp that pisses me off.

No one is bigger than the club, as much as we all love him for what he is brought us, he has to hold his hand up and take responsibility. We cant blame every single player on the pitch and not blame him (goalie mistakes aside)
    Well the Fulham one which I haven't seen is very clear, any handball contact by an attacker in the lead up to a goal rules out the goal.

Same way distance isn't a factor when the primary rule is hands not in a natural position, which it wasn't.

Shit officiating doesn't change the rules, as harsh as they can be. Imo the rules were better a few seasons back. Too many changes and some daft ones, but the rules are what they are.

Yeah lots to moan about, Klopps not beyond a lot of criticism.
    He built a great team in a system, hasnt had the players most notably VVD in defending a high line and persisted with the same setup for the most part. Little variations in the 433 but not going to another system.

See this chelsea manager comes in, fresh approach and got some results. We, with all our complaints with injuries, haven't cut our cloth to suit.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post

As for the criticism of Klopp on here, in any normal season, with a settled back four, I might have some sympathy, but this isn’t a normal season by any stretch of the imagination. That’s a fact.
    How long can the injuries be made and excuse? It wasn't our back 4 that cost us the game. It was a forward who has been abysmal for the best part of 18 months. Still got 90 mins tonight though.
    The excuses for our performances are as stale as this team. They can't keep playing like this and trotting out the same excuse, its now become the norm.
    This is still a team with players who most clubs would have. Theres simply no defending this anymore, we have scored the fewest home league goals this year.
    Last edited by teesred; 5th March 2021 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post

At times players are walking around the pitch , put fans in the ground and that doesn't happen and I'm not just talking about us. It's every game. The football world has had to put up with alot this season but no one more than us. We've had the bloody sink thrown at us plus we couldn't even celebrate winning the league after 30 years.
    Some need to show respect and a little decorum.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Yes they are bad losses but take a look at the table are Leicester, West Ham, Everton CL sides ?

Other than City ALL the big teams have struggled even United are having a blip remember on 1st Jan they were crowned champions they are now 14 points behind in the space of 8 weeks it’s NOT a normal season.

Ox and Keita have been injured all season and Phillips is injured tonight.

Kabak and Fabinho are our best CBs available.

Tuchel might look smart subbing a sub but he won’t last long there either you see.

We aren’t a joke of world football at all we are having a bad time of it you deal with it, we lost 6-1 to Stoke under Rodgers and we’re 13th under Hodgson that’s a bad time.

Klopp is a superb manager and that is a fact I back him you don’t.

Who exactly would you want/appoint ?
    Klopp is a top top top Manager. But if he has lost the motivation, if he has lost the ability to lift himself and his team, then it is then end of the chapter. That happens to many Managers. Only Ferguson did it for 20 years but he was a dictator and kept on ripping up his teams. He wasn't scared of change.

Klopp has waited to long to add and remove to his core group. Players have been drilled to standstill. Almost the same players hace played 100 important games together unrelenting. Almost like 100 cup finals every week and midweek. That has taken its toll. Also Klopp misses the crowd. Think that is what he loves the most about football and Now it is gone. Football wotho8t supporter is shite tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    How long can the injuries be made and excuse? It wasn't our back 4 that cost us the game. It was a forward who has been abysmal for the best part of 18 months. Still got 90 mins tonight though.
    The excuses for our performances are as stake as this team. They can't keep playing like this and trotting out the same excuse, its now become the norm.
    In the word of pink Floyd "I have become comfortably numb"