Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 35383940414243444546474849505152 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Chelsea (Match Thread)

I don’t see him as an international manager at all. No time to build the spirit and system his teams are based on. Hopefully the summer reignites him for another crack at it.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Behave yourself mate and be careful what you wish for.

It’s shite this season but you have to take it in the chin and stop moaning.

Guaranteed the table looks NOTHING like this next season with fans I have been consistent with this no chance we lose 5 on the spin even with Pulis in charge.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    All day...wouldnt use his as a player as he'd be screaming "lets bum them" every time they come out of the dugout. Bit dodgy and some may say "politically incorrect"
    He has the ability to do it subliminally if necessary

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Hodgson was a disgrace he sucked up to Ferguson in his FIRST press conference he was a loser and I won’t lie I was glad he went.

Rodgers deserved to go he lost 6-1 at Stoke in Gerrards last game he should have gone then he had 4 years won nothing.

You are entitled to your opinion you want him gone I don’t.
    If you understand the context of my response. In my view people never loved Rodgers from the start because they were pissed woth how Daglish was relieved of duties after reaching 2 finals and winning pur first trophy in 6 years etc. People were all nostalgic that the King will bring back the glory days and unfoerunately Rodgers a Manager woth "no credentials" was nwver goven a fair chance. Also because his teeth was so white. When he was fired I felt thatbis was the absolute correct decision because we finished the previous season poorly and 8 games in we were 8th. It was stale and needed refresh. Also with the Managers touted you knew it was going to work out. And when it was Klopp it was mental because he was high profile. High octane and so loveable.

But if it becomes stale whochbit seems is happening then refrsh is need. When the new season starts we will see. As I said Klopp needs the supporters so besides Ban Dijk being back and new players coming in that will want to impress but once that sport dies it is going to come down to tactics. No team will ever play a high line against Klopp side. If he goes back to geggenpress he will succeed as I think woth almost every team playing pit from the back of will work. But you need fresh blood to run like mad dog for 95 minutes 45 times in 9 months. So Klopp needs to replace at least 4 starters with his type of players .

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Charm and Quaresma.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Thats a concerning thought

If when Klopp says goodbye he deserves to do it in front of a packed Anfield. I wish that for some of the players that might be leaving as well Salah, Mane. Gini. They deserve that.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    If when Klopp says goodbye he deserves to do it in front of a packed Anfield. I wish that for some of the players that might be leaving as well Salah, Mane. Gini. They deserve that.
    Not sure when packed stadiums are likely to reappear again. Sadly can't see it next season - half-full at best.

I'm sorry to admit that I didn't catch the game and missed the defeat.
    'Sorry', only because it was intentional on my part not to watch it, but not entirely sorry for making that choice.

It's become increasingly painful for me to watch this team go out there and just huff and puff and fall to the most frustrating defeats in the most infuriating and excruciating ways possible

My reasoning has always been that if I miss the game but they end up winning, then catching the replay wouldn't be so bad since I already know we're getting teh three points and it's just a matter of enjoying how we did it.
    Ont he other hand, if I miss the game (like today's and the previous couple) and we lose, then at least I'll have spared myself the frustraion and agony of watching it, on top of the misery that the actual defeat will still bring.
    At least that's how I always used to (only half-jokingly) rationalize it.
    Now,....I'm sad to say, it's not a joke anymore and I do this with intentional purpose.

Watching our team lose like this, and like its been losing these past games has become so so painful - not just to watch, but I'm talking that kind of heartbreaking pain that hits you in the soul.
    Maybe it's got something to do with coming the year after we finally won the title and the manner in which we are losing.
    I don't know.
    I've just never felt this badly about where we are as a team, as I do now.
    Maybe during the Hodgson, Administration-adjacent days....

And on a completely unreleated note, the only other people desperately chewing out their nails out of worry while they should be celebrating right now, surely must be the Rangers heirachy.
    4 points from possibly the earliest title win they've ever claimed and a potentially unbeaten season, it's going to be hard for them to hold on to Stevie come the end of the season when Premier league clubs (not just us) come knocking, but mostly because they know there's one club more than any that will pry him away from them.
    And that club is edging closer and closer to that possibly reality with each passing week.

And no, I'm not saying "Klopp out"
    I am saying that for the first time in a long time, I can really see the possibility of him deciding he wants to walk away after all that this year has done to him - COVID; No fans at Anfield; the worst injury crisis a team could ever deal with in history; losing his mother and not being able to bury her; the Premier League and Stokley Park Cunts and shitheads with their constant VAR fuckery...and on and on and on. It just never ends.
    Who would blame him if he decided to walk, and that he's had enough, he's done all he wanted to achieve here, he still leaves a hero, and he wants a new challenge as Germany manager?

At that point FSG might have no other choice by to get Stevie, even if it might not be their first choice of whta to do (trying to avoid another King Kenny situation with the manager potentially holding more sway with the fans, and more power than the Suits).

Will someone please wake me up when this godawful excuse of a year is over.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Thats a concerning thought
    And no known defence