Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Fulham

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Is anyone actually in any way shape or form confident we'llbeat Fulham? I honestly can't see it.
    If they play like they did against Spurs we will lose. I cant see where the next win comes from.
    Draw at best. I think it’ll be 0-0.

Well, they'll see it as an opportunity to get 3 points, so why not play a little deeper, set up to nick it off them in midfield rather than the final third and focus our press there and look to feed our forwards with a bit more room to operate and space to run into, as i suggested doing v Chelsea?

Why not apart from well timed runs from deeper looking to be found with switches, leave Trent and Robbo deeper and have them try and play the switches long diagonals and balls over the top? Both have a cracking ball over the top/full back curling and dropping in behind the CB

It's how i wanted us to play v Chelsea, no point flogging a dead horse continuing trying to play as we have the last 3 seasons when we're missing players key to playing like that so can't
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I cant see where the next win comes from.
    It's difficult. I do think if we get through the Leipzig tie and thus are in the Quarters then we naturally get a shot in the arm.

We also have a decent number of matches in the remaining games where you'd say our opposition aren't (by the time we play them) competing for Top Four or battling relegation.

With the number of sides though (8 sides genuinely competing for 3 spots) and us showing no signs of getting it together the uphill challenge does look huge.

We've got to play mostly sides who have to go for it, move the line deeper focus the press in the middle of the pitch with no easy transitions or time for opposition midfielders to get their forward passes away and look to hit teams with devastating counters like we played 3 seasons ago

Let’s hope to god Klopp can access this forum and take down your notes.. If not we might lose again.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Let’s hope to god Klopp can access this forum and take down your notes.. If not we might lose again.
    😆

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    It's difficult. I do think if we get through the Leipzig tie and thus are in the Quarters then we naturally get a shot in the arm.

We also have a decent number of matches in the remaining games where you'd say our opposition aren't (by the time we play them) competing for Top Four or battling relegation.

With the number of sides though (8 sides genuinely competing for 3 spots) and us showing no signs of getting it together the uphill challenge does look huge.
    I don't see it at all mate. To me it looks like it really doesn't matter who we are playing, its groundhog game.
    Wether they are competing for spots or not most sides dont even have to play that well to get the win, Chelsea were not that good last night despite skys waxing over them. We made them look half decent and thats all they were.
    I get your point about if we get through to the quarters but thats not a given due to how we are playing. Could easily end up with a hiding and I get some fans optimism with thinking its anyones at the quarters stage but you'd have to be proper Randall.P. Mcmurphy to genuinely fancy us winning it. We will be every teams favoured opposition and thats the complete opposite of the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Well, it's not done Baldy any harm

There's no valid argument for keeping the line so high, at first it was to try and continue playing as we had the last 2 seasons so everything else still worked, when he binned all that off by fucking about with positions and insisting on trying to play through sides any argument for keeping the line so high had gone

May as well revert to how we played in 17-18

This is the man I trust!

I found this very encouraging. Yes I know he is the manager and he has to say x and y, but I don’t think Jurgen is quite like that.

Here much of what he says about the club is very very positive.

This would appear to support what Sid and others have been saying. Right now I am desperate for any positive and am more than happy to take this one.