Trent Alexander-Arnold admitted Liverpool could have no complaints about the defeat inflicted by Chelsea on Thursday and stressed the need to get back on track immediately.
The Reds lost ground in the top-four race after Mason Mount's first-half goal saw Thomas Tuchel's side secure the three points in the Premier League fixture at Anfield.*
Alexander-Arnold offered no excuses following the game as Jürgen Klopp’s side will look to respond when they host Fulham on Sunday afternoon.*
Read on for Liverpoolfc.com's post-match interview with the No.66...
On how he reflects on the result...*
Tough to take. These are the games that we need to win, especially with our aims and targets for the season. I'd say pushing for the top four, it's massively important that we won today. But there's nothing we can do about it now, except learn from it and pull out what we could have done better and go again. We're on a quick turnaround to put things right on Sunday.
On what he feels is 'missing' from Liverpool's performances...
That's the million dollar question for us at the minute. I thought we played quite well – we didn't create that many chances in the game, fair play to them. They kept us out. I think Sadio had half an opportunity where he scuffed it and it rolled to the 'keeper. From the angle I saw there could have been a handball in there. But it's one of those games where it's frustrating. I don't really think we deserved to win at the end of the day, so it was a tough one to take.*

On how Liverpool go about turning the situation around...
We've just got to play our natural game. It's difficult when things are going wrong. You start overthinking and try and find what it is, and try and fix it as soon as possible. But I think as soon as we get back into a rhythm and winning games, then that's OK. But it's easier said than done. We need to go back to the drawing board, we've got a quick turnaround, learn what we can as quick as possible, put it to bed tonight, wake up tomorrow and get ready to go again. We'll not even have a proper season on Saturday preparing for the game, so it's a difficult one. A quick turnaround but it's a chance to put things right quickly.*
On players returning from injury...*
It's a boost and it's always nice to have a fit squad, but there's still a lot of lads out. But there's no excuses from us. We're a good enough squad to be winning, no matter who's in and who's out, rotation, we should be winning these games. These are the games we need to win and I think we need to go on a good run to stand any chance of hitting our targets.

More...