Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: This Weekend’s Other Games 6/3/21

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Every chance that remains the score but we still fluff our lines tomorrow

So frustrating!
    Crazy to think a couple of wins for spurs, with results going how they are and leicester seem to be crumbling a little, they may get into europe

It's so frustrating, all sides are leggy and dropping points, some from just missing one player and we can't buy a bloody win, if we could just string 3 wins together we'd put ourselves in a great position

I wonder what minute Brenny Bullshitter has instructed his side to start playing today?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Crazy to think a couple of wins for spurs, with results going how they are and leicester seem to be crumbling a little, they may get into europe
    True, very true.

However this could be said for a group of sides.

If I had to call it now, City win it (d'uh!) and then Man United and Chelsea probably get 2nd and 3rd, no particular order.

Six sides competing for the last spot you'd imagine - it can all change very quickly of course.

Liverpool - so capable if we string results together. Can't seem to manage.
    Leicester - seem to have injuries and questionable form at the wrong time.
    Everton - know they have Ancelotti, but I still find it hard to take them all that seriously?
    West Ham - it's Moyes! Seriously punching above their weight.
    Spurs - finding form at the right time? A Cup Final and the Europa to juggle though.
    Aston Villa - some talent there, but wishful thinkers?

On Spurs - as well as juggling Europa and a Domestic Cup Final, they have to play Arsenal, Man United, Villa TWICE, Everton and have Leicester on the last day. Have to give credit to them if they manage it.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Grief. Woeful flap at a corner in the Brighton goal by Sanchez and the ball lands on the Leicester players head and in.
    Exactly the sort of luck we have been sadly lacking this season.
    Brighton 1-2 Leicester

Just seen the score I’m not surprised Leicester won at all.

Our league season is done in terms of CL has been for a month or so.

I’d be strongly resting lots of our players now for next season if we finish 10th so what I’d rather we didn’t play in the EL.

We need some energy in our side and younger players next season another CB CM and striker.

Leicester with injuries can still beat Brighton. Makes me laugh when we had Bodgers, he didn’t have a clue how to stop us conceding goals galore every match. Leicester are now bleeding 10 points ahead of us.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I’d be strongly resting lots of our players now for next season if we finish 10th so what I’d rather we didn’t play in the EL.
    I've mixed feelings, but I'd lean towards being in it rather than not - Youth/fringe should have enough to get through the group stage and although we lost to Sevilla in the end, we had some real fun en route to the Final that season under Klopp - Dortmund a real highlight.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Leicester were really poor, didn't create anything of note and their 2 goals came from Brighton mistakes, the first an attempted forward ball by Lallana that was intercepted catching a couple of Brighton players ahead of the ball and allowing it to be fed to Tielemens in time and space to slip a ball, good as his delivery was, between the 2 centre backs who were split wider, with Ihenacho onside in behind their LCB who lke the players ahead of the ball was caught out of position coming out

Their second a terrible flap from their keeper at a corner, but put off by their big Greek lad's size and presence, something from being last season's set piece kings, we simply don't have right now, another commanding CB is urgently needed in the summer, Lovren was always a disaster waiting to happen, but at least he would be giving us some airel presence and a target to aim for and to take other players away right now, we have nothing in the box for Trent or Robbo to aim for or to take opposition defenders away

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson78 View Post
    Leicester with injuries can still beat Brighton. Makes me laugh when we had Bodgers, he didn’t have a clue how to stop us conceding goals galore every match. Leicester are now bleeding 10 points ahead of us.
    Well looking at the stats Brighton had quite a few good chances to score but that doesn’t matter really all that matters is who puts it in the onion bag.

This season is a write off we all deep down knew this months ago and to be honest if you are going to have a crap season this is the one to do it.

If we finish 7th or lower it doesn’t paper over the cracks either we need new signings if we get them we will be fine if we don’t we might struggle again next season for CL football.

We need to win tomorrow obviously to stop the negativity but imo we aren’t REALLY losing at Anfield as such and it’s the same when we go away if for example we win at Old Trafford it’s great to beat them but it’s not quite the same.

Lol Bullshitter Brenny again, they created fuck all, Lallana's poor pass effectively gifted them their equaliser as they scored it because it caught 4 or 5 Brighton players badly out of position, the second was a massive mistake from Brighton's keeper, other than that a Varney dive was pretty much all they had shown