Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: This Weekend’s Other Games 6/3/21

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Just seen the score I’m not surprised Leicester won at all.

Our league season is done in terms of CL has been for a month or so.

I’d be strongly resting lots of our players now for next season if we finish 10th so what I’d rather we didn’t play in the EL.

We need some energy in our side and younger players next season another CB CM and striker.
    Speaking of CBs the young Fulham pairing are getting some praise. Fulham are so diabolically turgid in their approach that I doubt anyone on here has been watching them (myself included) but Andersen (on loan from Lyon) is apparently the best in the league for the accuracy of long balls pinged out from the back and is very strong in the air. That's definitely something we've missed with Van Dijk and, to a lesser extent, Gomez missing.

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Speaking of CBs the young Fulham pairing are getting some praise. Fulham are so diabolically turgid in their approach that I doubt anyone on here has been watching them (myself included) but Andersen (on loan from Lyon) is apparently the best in the league for the accuracy of long balls pinged out from the back and is very strong in the air. That's definitely something we've missed with Van Dijk and, to a lesser extent, Gomez missing.
    Fulham having been playing really good football, I have been watching them, they move it quickly and intelligently
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Yep - made our midfield of Henderson - Wijnaldum and Jones look ordinary troubled both Matip and Fabinho at the back and kept Mo - Bobby & Mané very quiet - last time out at the Cottage!

Would have beaten us but for VAR.

Ah my mistake. I see the 0-0, 1-0, 1-1 results and assumed they were ultra defensive. Hopefully they get relegated and Klopp might be able to pluck out a gem like he has with Wijnaldum and Robertson. Given where we'll finish this season these are the types of transfers I feel we'll be looking at

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yep - made our midfield of Henderson - Wijnaldum and Jones look ordinary troubled both Matip and Fabinho at the back and kept Mo - Bobby & Mané very quiet - last time out at the Cottage!

Would have beaten us but for VAR.
    Yep, goes to show just how much work needs to be put into Jones' pressing game, even when he does well at it by his standards he's still a million miles off what's required, and as you've rightly pointed out, Mo, Mane and Bobby are hugely reliant on our midfield press as can be seen in most of our goals last season and the season before, one weak link in that press isn't something we can accommodate and play well.

Yet, Milner, Oxlade, Keita and even bloody Lallanna all played their part in the press superbly when used with Gini and Hendo last season, between that collective 15 games, 15 wins and the press and counter press being absolutely key to several crucial winning goals in that run

Not sure why Blady hasn't started Foden

Cause he is a Wnaker - that’s why

How is Anthony Taylor allowed to Ref this game if he's from Manchester? He's bound to have allegences one side or the other.

Even Luke Shaw has showed us how easy it can be to score a goal.
    Depressing.
    City 0-2 Utd

Why no lines on the pitch there for offside. Rashford very close there