Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 27303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Fulham (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Unless you tell us , why should we believe you ? As others have said you could be on the wind up.
    so you don’t accept the challenge. ok!

didn’t think you would to be honest.

Can Klopp survive this?

Think it’s more a case of whether he’ll want to, come the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by boom-klopp View Post
    says the cunt that’s on chelsea forums as a half and half.

you hypocrite.
    Yeah right im a chelski fan undercover
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I think most people here are being incredibly harsh on our lads to be honest

In nearly all the games we have lost or dropped points, we have done so through indecision and mistakes at the back because we've not been able to play the same CB pairing in more than 2 or 3 games or the same midfield in front of it all season so far

The finishing is about the same rate of conversion as last season and a feature of most of the games we've dropped points in or lost has been mainly Mo, Mane a couple of times and Origi once missing absolutely glorious simply must score early chances

We're also conceding chances because we haven't been able to consistently field the same midfield and that's why the press and counter press has been well below our levels of the last 3 seasons for this reason.

The lads are really trying, for me, contrary to Steveo's assertions on the subject, they are actually using more energy and doing more running, because the press isn't as well coordinated and concise, they are having to run more and further and for no reward, because it's not coordinated or as concise they are often chasing a player down, only to find that player then has an easy pass because one of the other midfielders hasn't followed their press and the coordination and conciseness of the press is a huge part of our intensity

We therefore look far less intense, aren't in good counter pressing positions and often get situations in midfield where our player can't go and press because of the positions of the other 2 midfielders

The last 2 seasons we were always defending while attacking, players getting into attacking positions, but never getting too many players ahead of opposition players to leave ourselves wide open, with the other players taking positions in which they were on an opposition player to prevent any easy ball out, transition or counter, but also placed to move ahead of them into the attack if that if developed that way
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    Can Klopp survive this?
    He may not want to if he can't get a performance out of them.
    I'm dreading midweek..

Can Klopp survive this?
    Can’t see it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Can’t see it myself.
    What do you think? End of the season or see how Europe goes?

Can Klopp survive this?
    Absolutely, he's our man, he's a top top manager, this has just been an extraordinary season in which we have been hit far worse than any other side by the multiple issues it has created. I'm not saying he hasn't made mistakes, but most of those have been made through an absolute dearth of any strength in depth in our squad due to FSGs lack of investment in playing staff

Even with the absolutely desperate situation at CB, when they could and should have pushed the boat out with a horses head in the bed offer for whoever Jurgen wanted, to arrive on 1st January signed sealed and delivered, they left it the entire month looking for the cheapest possible option on deadline day and let's remember, we were top at Christmas
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 7th March 2021 at 07:07 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Can Klopp survive this?
    For me - it’s not whether he can survive - it’s where he wants to or not.

I feel he will walk