Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 30333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Fulham (Match Thread)

Well FSG should get that idea out of their heads.

Gerrard is not ready to manage us it will end in tears just like it did with Lampard.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    If the form carries on it will be Klopp who walks - he ain’t getting pushed or FSG are toast!
    Why would they be toast? if some people decide not to renew their season tickets in protest, which BTW i very much doubt it, then others will be ready to take their places. It wouldn't worry the owners if they sacked Klopp despite what he's won. He's more vulnerable now than he's ever been, and as it's a results business, he should know that already.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Well FSG should get that idea out of their heads.

Gerrard is not ready to manage us it will end in tears just like it did with Lampard and Souness who our board back then thought was ready to manage our great club after several more seasons of being consistently successful in the tinpot, 2 team SPL farmers league.
    Fixed that for you
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Fixed that for you
    Cheers mate 🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Why would they be toast? if some people decide not to renew their season tickets in protest, which BTW i very much doubt it, then others will be ready to take their places. It wouldn't worry the owners if they sacked Klopp despite what he's won. He's more vulnerable now than he's ever been, and as it's a results business, he should know that already.
    They'd be toast because it would take a top top TOP seasoned and highly experienced manager to make Liverpool dominant and able to consistently compete on a shoestring budget with either Manc side or Chelsea, and not one of them would want or take the job on those terms

Jurgen is such a manager and he has done that, despite only being able to add one or two players who'd make a big difference in each of his seasons, while they were bringing in four or five much sought after top targets or top wages in each of those seasons -Under investment in our squad by FSG (I'm not talking the level of those clubs, merely putting more of the incredible upturn in revenues Jurgen's incredible work brought them back into playing staff), Covid, the absence of fans and crippling injuries to players who are absolutely key to how we play are the reasons for this season's issues

It would undoubtedly be their end at LFC. Lots if fans haven't forgotten how they sacked KD, hiked up tkt prices, tried to furlough staff etc. Their position would be untenable. No owners want constant discord from fans at each game and thats what would happen.
    If they sack him this season it just compounds what a lot of us think. That they are a bunch of shithouses anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    They'd be toast because it would take a top top TOP seasoned and highly experienced manager to make Liverpool dominant and able to consistently compete on a shoestring budget with either Manc side or Chelsea, and not one of them would want or take the job on those terms

Jurgen is such a manager and he has done that, despite only being able to add one or two players who'd make a big difference in each of his seasons, while they were bringing in four or five much sought after top targets or top wages in each of those seasons -Under investment in our squad by FSG (I'm not talking the level of those clubs, merely putting more of the incredible upturn in revenues Jurgen's incredible work brought them back into playing staff), Covid, the absence of fans and crippling injuries to players who are absolutely key to how we play are the reasons for this season's issues
    Chelsea haven't come close to winning the title since they won it in 2017, and not even qualified for the CL every year either. So having a bottomless pit guarantees nothing. It looks like Leicester will be in the CL next season, they don't have a bottomless pit either compared to those two, and they didn't have one in 2016 when they won the title.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Pity some of you haven't been watching the Spurs game you could have witnessed clinical finishing as they jumped into 6th spot

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    It would undoubtedly be their end at LFC. Lots if fans haven't forgotten how they sacked KD, hiked up tkt prices, tried to furlough staff etc. Their position would be untenable. No owners want constant discord from fans at each game and thats what would happen.
    If they sack him this season it just compounds what a lot of us think. That they are a bunch of shithouses anyway.
    I've not said they should sack him i said it wouldn't worry them if they did because as owners, they can and will do what they want.

Chelsea haven't come close to winning the title since they won it in 2017, and not even qualified for the CL every year either. So having a bottomless pit guarantees nothing. It looks like Leicester will be in the CL next season, they don't have a bottomless pit either compared to those two, and they didn't have one in 2016 when they won the title.
    Did you read the post? the bit where it say I'm not talking the level (of investment) of those clubs, merely putting more of the incredible upturn in revenues Jurgen's incredible work so far has brought them back into the playing staff

Rather than trousering as much of it as possible in their annual shareholder dividend pay outs