Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Fulham (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    It does my but the way people come on here saying “get behind the team” and such.
    This is where you come to vent, to let off steam and say how you see it, good or bad.
    Not one of us would say the same stuff at the ground or even in a message likely to be read by anyone in the squad or manager.
    what you on about Miller you moron!!!!

It's why the team ain't playing well, because of YOU !!!!!

I hear klopps crying himself to sleep after reading thedoc's posts, as if he needed any more upset at the moment, and that firmino?? well he's took the first plane out of the country after reading my posts, hence he went awol

It really matters.

This forum means more

I've also heard rumours of FSG wanting 19x to replace Klopp

In fairness, he's the only one that can turn this around and save us now

SOS 19x

It should say “it does my nut” (bleedin predictive text).

Anywho.. anyone who’s not totally pissed off with the whole squad and coaching staff isn’t in the real world.
    The biggest thing for me is the apparent lack of effort, our game is based on high energy and Klopp motivating his squad to run through brick walls. They’re barely breaking sweat right now. I can take a drop off in quality as form comes and goes but not a drop in effort.

Big changes coming in the summer I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    what you on about Miller you moron!!!!

It's why the team ain't playing well, because of YOU !!!!!

I hear klopps crying himself to sleep after reading thedoc's posts, as if he needed any more upset at the moment, and that firmino?? well he's took the first plane out of the country after reading my posts, hence he went awol

It really matters.

This forum means more

I've also heard rumours of FSG wanting 19x to replace Klopp

In fairness, he's the only one that can turn this around and save us now

SOS 19x
    He text me a picture of his tears!!

Look, no one is forgetting that we won the champions league and premier league in two seasons. We were all there, we all cheered and we all had our gripes even when we won the damn things. Some are forgetting the 6 losses on the bounce at home with abysmal effort and performances. Of effort was put in, had a few shots on target and still lost these games to a fluke of a goal, a harsh VAR decision then we wouldn’t really care. It’s the effort in games that pisses me off, the same nonsensical tactics that aren’t getting us anywhere.

Leicester won and finished with 45 points the next season, Chelsea won and finished with 50, so we’re on track for both. They didn’t win the champions league, lose a few finals and built from the ground up. We did that! For it to just fall off so badly is unacceptable, blame anything that you like, make all the excuse you want, your absolving Klopp of any responsibility here like he is immune. Playing a crap team against Fulham? Subbing out top goal scorer off the previous game to save him for Fulham? Playing Firmino when out of form, playing players out of position? Yes we have injuries, but you can’t go from not playing a CB and utilising a CDM to just playing him.

I’m looking at things for the future, not just the here and now. If we fail to get champions league, the owners, as cheap as some may think they are won’t be putting up the cash, what will happen next ? Players leaving? Klopp doesn’t want them if they don’t want to play for us. Fair enough, but what are you left with? Another rebuilding for the next 30years. This is going to ruin us financially and possibly have a major knock on effect for years to come.

I think people are scared about the prospect of this and not willing to contemplate it.

You can’t have a go at another fan for an opinion. I’ll hold my hands up and say I have done before. I’m glad there isn’t any fans as they’d be booing the team off the pitch if the performances were like that. Let’s not kid ourselves. We did this with Roy and Brendan, so don’t tell me there are righteous fans who stick by the team. We all do! If we didn’t we wouldn’t give a crap and and some people on here have suggested, we’d support another club.

I’ll try and hide this from Jurgen so he doesn’t see my rant Kev. Running out of tissues mate, we’re still in a pandemic.

I agree with what you say Doc good post.

I know what Klopp is saying though about CL and I don’t think we have anyone like that in our squad what will help is most clubs won’t have lots of money to spend so we are going to hang onto our main players.

It’s players like Wilson Grujic Awoniyi Origi Shaqiri Adrian Karius we need to shift we could get around £40-50m for this lot.

I think we should sign two CBs next season as well and what I saw against Chelsea thought Kabak did well.

Andersen was very impressive for Fulham yesterday but not seen him much so can’t comment how he is playing but I’m sure Nineteen was loving his switch passes they seem to be his favourite move !

@Legs i keep seeing the switches aimed as some kind of joke my way, but really just how has this trying to play through teams been going? Not well at all from where i'm sitting because we've never done it and don't have the players to

Maybe i missed it, but i don't remember Dortmund winning anything post Jurgen or genuinely challenging for anything, people might want to remember that
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    @Legs i keep seeing the switches aimed as some kind of joke my way, but really just how has this trying to play through teams been going? Not well at all from where i'm sitting because we've never done it and don't have the players to

Maybe i missed it, but i don't remember Dortmund winning anything post Jurgen or genuinely challenging for anything, people might want to remember that
    It’s only light hearted mate my point was Andersen was excellent yesterday at defending and I noticed he played some good passes from the back to Lookman.

Klopp did an incredible job at Dortmund we know that but Bayern are likely to win 70-80% of the titles due to their financial muscle although Dortmund best chance to win it was a few years ago when Bayern had Kovac as manager.

In regards to how we are playing it’s rubbish mainly I can’t put my finger on why it feels like I’ve been watching the same game in 2021 I’m sure they don’t intend to do that but when you are low on confidence and not at it as Souness says you run the risk of poor results.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    It’s only light hearted mate my point was Andersen was excellent yesterday at defending and I noticed he played some good passes from the back to Lookman.
    AND, his switch passes and long diagonals to Lookman from RCB were the main source of their attacking threat in the entire game, don't knock the switch balls and long diagonals

Yesterday's non penalty pissed me off, I've always moaned about officiating, but all those years it was odd decisions in odd games that were blatantly wrong, this season it's most in most of our games, to understand it properly you have to watch quite a number of other games in their entirety, when you do that the difference is hugely evident

Take two almost identical situations

Against Leicester, Barnes is trying to make headway down our right, Kabak doesn't get squared up, closes him down so he's got himself in a great position of the half turn, when Barnes knocks it where he forced him to go, he turns quickly before before Barnes, gets across and in front of him with no foul of contact from any part of his body, Barnes runas into the back of him and throws himself to ground - Freekick and a yellow card for Kabak

In yesterday's game, almost identical situation, Mo knocks the ball past their lad, his positioning isn't as good, he turns but doesn't get in front of Mo who still looks like getting past him, in turning he throws his right arm back away from his body and smashes Mo straight across the throat, which is what stops Mo getting past him, no penalty, no foul, no card

AND, his switch passes and long diagonals to Lookman from RCB were the main source of their attacking threat in the entire game, don't knock the switch balls and long diagonals

Yesterday's non penalty pissed me off, I've always moaned about officiating, but all those years it was odd decisions in odd games that were blatantly wrong, this season it's most in most of our games, to understand it properly you have to watch quite a number of other games in their entirety, when you do that the difference is hugely evident

Take two almost identical situations

Against Leicester, Barnes is trying to make headway down our right, Kabak doesn't get squared up, closes him down so he's got himself in a great position of the half turn, when Barnes knocks it where he forced him to go, he turns quickly before before Barnes, gets across and in front of him with no foul of contact from any part of his body, Barnes runas into the back of him and throws himself to ground - Freekick and a yellow card for Kabak

In yesterday's game, almost identical situation, Mo knocks the ball past their lad, his positioning isn't as good, he turns but doesn't get in front of Mo who still looks like getting past him, in turning he throws his right arm back away from his body and smashes Mo straight across the throat, which is what stops Mo getting past him, no penalty, no foul, no card
    Yes it was their main source of attack but dont you think we are making it easy for teams ?

I mean the pass doesnt need to be perfect as our defenders now are slow so fast strikers can make up a yard or two on them and be away.

We need to drop deeper with what we have then teams cant just knock it over the top and if we do this against Traore/Neto on Monday we will have problems.

Although Millie's had 2 or 4 stellar games this season when needed, to me, it looks as though his age has caught up with him, despite the incredible shape he tries to keep himself in, just looks to have lost another yard of pace

Although Millie's had 2 or 4 stellar games this season when needed, to me, it looks as though his age has caught up with him, despite the incredible shape he tries to keep himself in, just looks to have lost another yard of pace
    I agree he is the type who we can/should be bringing on for 20-25 mins.

He'll still be here next season as well due to his experience.