Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stop the self pity

Stop the self pity

Get a grip everyone.
    We have been here before and have come back.
    Time to support the manager and his team!
    I have posted on a previoud thread of a similar drop in form from fantastic times one season before then again to realise fantastic times the season after but no-one replied.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Get a grip everyone.
    I have posted on a previoud thread of a similar drop in form from fantastic times one season before then again to realise fantastic times the season after but no-one replied.
    The Boss, speaking after a loss to Sevilla in the 15/16 Europa League Final, which, in combination with a low placing in the League, meant Liverpool would not be in the Champion's League the following year -

Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Get a grip everyone.
    The last time we had a serious dip after some 'fantastic times' it took us 30 years to get back to such a level. I don't know about you, but quite a few others are likely to not be around in 30 years time, some of us a lot sooner than that.

I managed to see them get the title after 30 years, i wasn't so much concerned about the CL as we also won it in 2005. If i went tomorrow, i would be going knowing we have a PL title. No point hoping for a repeat of the 80s teams as it's not going to happen. The most successful decade in the history of the club.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Spot on Sky we not get back to the 80s days again as things stand.

We would need a sugar daddy to have a chance of that.

Would prefer to finish outside the europa league places than to play in it next year.
    Does that mean 7th? 8th? How many teams qualify from the prem?
    We might win the CL of course.
    I think Jurgen was exactly right when he said that players who only want to come to Liverpool if they qualify for the Champions League, he doesn't want those players here.

There is a big difference/gap between winning one league title in 30 years, and going back to how we were during the 70's and 80's.

I personally don’t think it’s all doom and gloom but there not another league title in this side as it stands now. Needs change.

We need new players 3-4 to be added to the squad of good standard.

Chelsea won a title then finished 10th and season after won it again.

Some morons keep trotting out worst champions shit as if its true well Leicester finished 12th after they won it.

We will be ok im not saying we'll win it as until I know who we sign its hard to say ...the reality is City will win it again.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I personally don’t think it’s all doom and gloom but there not another league title in this side as it stands now. Needs change.
    A lot can change in Football, quite quickly. The span of time from Gerrard's last game being a 6-1 defeat to Stoke through to us having won a League title and Champion's League in a couple of seasons wasn't all that long.

Or, looking outside of us, in September of 2013, Ancelotti was the Real Madrid manager and they had just signed Bale to compliment Ronaldo.

Now Ronaldo plies his trade in Italy, Bale is back at Spurs and Ancelotti is managing Everton. If there's one thing you can be pretty certain of in footie, it's the capacity for change.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay