Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stop the self pity

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    We need 4 players in my opinion of real quality. Not 5 million+ add ons.

Firstly another centre back to partner Van Djik.. Another midfielder.. A wide player who can get down the by line and get the ball a cross and a number 9 a real forward not some pretend number 9.
    We have played in front of teams too often this season..its no coincidence we have failed to score in most games recently.
    It's hard to argue against that but also very hard to see FSG using the money to fund moves for such players.

It's going to be hard to shift the likes of Wilson Grujic Shaqiri Origi for much money. Adrian will leave on a free and most likely Wijnaldum and I'd have no issues with Firmino Milner and Minamino leaving to raise money either.

Even if we can move all of those players I'd still be very surprised if FSG spent say £100 million in the summer

I'm not angry at Jurgen or the players, this season has been disastrous and most of that and the loss of form for me is down to injuries and absolutely blatantly corrupt officiating, people can try and knock that all they like, but it seems like to many other blatant wrongs, this corrupt officiating, after just 2 thirds of a season in VAR's first season of an actual level playing field, seems to have already become normalised as I feared and said we must not allow to happen when I immediately noticed the switch to the new system being misused in the final third of last season.

People in the UK should at least remember the last general election, did we actually hear or have any debate on policy in the UK media through any of that campaign? No we did not, all we heard was 'Get Brexit done' and 'antisemitism antisemitism antisemitism' does it not strike any single one of you as odd that this supposedly incredible widespread antisemitism alleged to be in one party ha suddenly and magically disappeared?

What our media indulge in is adverse CBT, they tell you or the muppets who actually believe it something, and at first or second or third or fourth times of them telling you it, perhaps a great deal of those people aren't muppets and don't believe it, but it is drip feed adverse CBT, they keep telling and telling and telling you it until you accept it and believe it and it is normalised

In football it's no different, it works exactly the same way, the spineless broadcasters and pundits, like Sky, BT Sport, MOTD, Lineker, Shearer, Carragher, MacManaman all happily explain away what you know and have seen to be pure corrupt and bent decisions

It isn't your imagination or bad luck, these decisions keep happening to us, and yet you can watch other games and the officiating is normal, a foul is a foul, and we see these same fouls not given when they are on our players or against us, given for the exact same foul in countless other games, one team isn't allowed to persistently foul the other side without sanction but if your team commits a minor foul or an opposition player dives it's instantly a free kick.

When your player is put through and it looks marginal, maybe onside, maybe will be reviewed, the flag instantly goes up when it isn't supposed to, when the other side's player is put through, blatantly a good yard and clear offside, the play is allowed to continue, sometimes resulting in a throw or corner to the opposition, without the flag ever going up,

I'm really looking forward to our game on Wednesday simply because it's far more enjoyable to watch, because a foul is a foul and our lads get to play on a level playing field.

I used to complain about officiating pre VAR, it seemed bent then, and what I've seen since the last third of last season with VAR in place has absolutely convinced me it always has been and that these spineless, gutless wonders of pundits, commentators and broadcasters and our media have persistently normalised it and made excuses for it, when as ex players, some of them ex Liverpool players they should be screaming from the rafters things obviously aren't right and it is corrupt as fuck

If you gave me access to the library of all games this season, I could comfortably and easily put together a compilation of incidents, with numerous other examples of the exact same incidents or fouls being given for other sides routinely, week in, week out in the Prem, in the Champions or Europa League that aren't given in our league when it's one of our players, major incidents and the routine fouls like the holding, pulling back and the same of instances when fouls are given against us that aren't fouls and aren't given normally as fouls in any other game

I always complained, it was always a bit corrupt and dodgy, but this season, fucking hell, it's gone way beyond anything I have ever seen in my 49 years in the Prem, it is just absolutely sickening to watch and see all the fuckers try and explain it away and normalise it, our lads are simply playing to an entirely different set of rules of interpretation of them than any other club
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Has anyone read the article about the players being on an off cycle of overdosing on caffeine? Or something along those lines. It's a technique used in the cycling world and it has been claimed that we have been doing it for the last 3 years but are now on the off cycle. Hence the dip in performance levels.
    I read the article over the weekend. There is no proof to any of it (from what I can see in the article) but it was an interesting theory. The author claims it is used by a few different clubs.

Im no expert on this stuff and don't know much about the author so take with a pinch of salt but it was a theory I hadn't come across before.

Overdosing?! Not heard that.

I'd assume our new signings Thiago, Jota, Tsimikas etc, haven't been on this same caffeine cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Has anyone read the article about the players being on an off cycle of overdosing on caffeine? Or something along those lines. It's a technique used in the cycling world and it has been claimed that we have been doing it for the last 3 years but are now on the off cycle. Hence the dip in performance levels.
    I read the article over the weekend. There is no proof to any of it (from what I can see in the article) but it was an interesting theory. The author claims it is used by a few different clubs.

Im no expert on this stuff and don't know much about the author so take with a pinch of salt but it was a theory I hadn't come across before.
    Somebody get me Red Bull on the phone
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Overdosing?! Not heard that.

I'd assume our new signings Thiago, Jota, Tsimikas etc, haven't been on this same caffeine cycle.
    Like I said an article I read. I'll try find the link.

http://backpagefootball.com/why-liverpool-wont-win-the-premier-league-this-season/126313/

Not sure if that link will work. It's from September 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Cheers, very interesting.

I must say, the fact that the article was written at the start of the season, gives it much more credence. It’s almost prophetic. Absolutely no reason why it wouldn’t be true. It’s not illegal, but it’s clearly unsustainable.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!