Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Your team v RB Leipzig (2nd leg)

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I've a really bad feeling about the outcome of this match.
    Let's just say I'll be watching from behind the sofa with plenty of alcohol at hand !!
    at least bobby bobz who last posted in 2014 with a total of 10 posts will make a post to say how shit we all are , look on the bright side

Worse we do more users on the forums posting!

Let's just say I'll be watching from behind the sofa with plenty of alcohol at hand !!
    I'm with you on that one. Thinking of going for a long walk while the game is on and hope for the best.
    I would worry about klopp if we blew this one.

I like the team posted by Sid but I think thiago starts and it's the usual 4-3-3

I think it could end up uncomfortable but I think we'll get through. As if we are even discussing this whilst being 0-2 up in two legged tie, if someone has told us this a year ago they would have been sectioned.

They need to score at least 2 without us not scoring. I think this is a match we cant fk up (hopefully) the next round maybe it though.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I think we'll see a return of the mentality monsters for our remaining European games - Look back at the 4-0 v Barca that seemed impossible, only this time the players have to do that in the rest of our European campaign without the fans -

Consider this is not the Premier League, this is the Champions League in which they are playing on a level playing field, there's no VAR or match officials giving something and everything they can to the opposition and not giving the fouls on our lads

Consider that if they get through this one, they'll have Hendo back and possibly even Virgil for the quarter finals onwards and suddenly we've got all those things we've missed distribution, organisation, attacking and defensive wise we've sorely missed from both those players to enable us to play at or near as we do at our best

Get through this game with a win and it's only four games to the final and all of the above considered, there is absolutely no reason we can't be celebrating another Champions League win come the end of the next season, brilliant for the players, the club and the absolutely perfect way to stick it to all the corrupt bastards who have been desperately employing every dirty underhand trick in the book to run our lads, our manager and our club down
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Anyone advocating Keita starting against Leipzig must be crazy. He was as shit as hes ever been today. And thats pretty much all the time. A handful or less good games in 3 seasons. I'm failing to see why he should be in this side at all, at any time let alone when the chips are down.
    Midfield did nothing more without Thiago in it so in a CL game I'd rather see him in.
    We need solidity in there not powder puffs, if Leipzig have any sense at all they will come at us with everything they've got.
    Thought he was the best of a bad bunch in midfield. Milner probably had his worst game for us and I cant remember Wij touching the ball.

And I was again impressed with Phillips. He looks cumbersome at times, but he defends properly and is decent with the ball at his feet and can pass.

Allison
    TTA - Phillips - Kabak - Robbo
    Gini - Fabinho - Keita
    Mane - Salah - Jota
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Philips to me looks like whats commonly revered to has a dollop.. I was ok with him to begin with but he looks terrible apart from heading the ball.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Philips to me looks like whats commonly revered to has a dollop.. I was ok with him to begin with but he looks terrible apart from heading the ball.
    He's an incredibly similar player to Carragher, except he's better at heading a ball and A LOT better at passing it, although, there aren't many CBs who aren't
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Haha, I meant to add a "lolz" to your head tennis commentary yesterday. Tickled me.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Thought he was the best of a bad bunch in midfield. Milner probably had his worst game for us and I cant remember Wij touching the ball.

And I was again impressed with Phillips. He looks cumbersome at times, but he defends properly and is decent with the ball at his feet and can pass.

I'll have to disagree mate. I thought he was useless and let's be honest it wasn't hard to be the best of a bad bunch yesterday. Milners stray pass in the second half sums up where we are at the moment. A lazy lapse of reason thats far too common. Theres so many passes across that back line that just to say make it without being intercepted.