Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Your team v RB Leipzig (2nd leg)

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    It's just amazing how many shite players, past and present, have won a champions league final with Liverpool.

That gives me hope for this season.
    Dudek, Traore, Carra, Biscan, Baros, Smicer, Kewell, Cisse

Pretty long list, I never rated Carra, if ever there was player who wore a Liverpool shirt over hyped and overrated to incredibly disproportionate levels to that of his ability who won trophies through the talents and abilities of the other players on the pitch, as some are so quick to try and suggest of some of our current players, Carragher is the absolute epitomy of it.

Wasn't great in the air, was useless on the deck, was cumbersome and scored 12 or 13 own goals from taking terrible positions and not being able to sort his own feet out, lacked any ability to drive the ball forward into midfield or step into midfield to dispossess an opponent or hit a longer forward ball that wasn't anything more than a long hopeful punt.

His main attributes were, being scouse and having come to Liverpool from the bitters having grown up a bitter (it never leaves you it seems) making blocks and last ditch tackles (not the most difficult thing to do camped on your own 18 yard box with Sami next to you and Alonso and Mascherano in front of you and something all park the bus defenders do equally as well if not better week in week out) and doing just enough to put players off their headers when he was never going to win them, which was most of the time
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Actually he scored 7 own goals but don't let that get in the way of your horseshit.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Actually he scored 7 own goals but don't let that get in the way of your horseshit.
    Come on Tees, give it up, he was a rank average player, not exceptional in any way and if he hadn't been a scouser and bitters supporter who came to the red side and through the academy, he wouldn't have got anywhere near a Liverpool first team and he would have got incredible stick from all of our fans for his numerous shortcomings.

People in the Liverpool bubble will never see it I guess, every fan of every other club I ever knew just used to laugh about him and at him and take the piss that the scousers rated him so highly, just because he was a scouser, "Carragher" that was it, that's all they'd say, then laugh, sometimes they'd throw in the double whammy of "Carragher" then "Liverpool, the most knowledgable fans" and really piss themselves laughing

Our academy has produced some fantastic players, Gerrard, Trent, MacManaman, Owen, your guy wouldn't be found on a list of great products of any academy

Played over 700 games, was at the club for 17 years under 6 different managers.
    Kind of puts your theory in the bin.

Played over 700 games, was at the club for 17 years under 6 different managers.
    Kind of puts your theory in the bin.
    Longevity means fuck all, Thatcher was PM for about 2 decades and she was woeful too

Truth of that is, the truth really lies in how our scouse supporters are, no-one dared tried to get rid of him, I never rated him and wanted him replaced 2008/2009, you couldn't say that of the forum back then for the same reason

Carragher started his career at the Liverpool Academy, making his professional debut in the 1996–97 season, and becoming a first team regular the following season. Having initially played as a full-back
    Sevens years as a makeshift non attacking, non ball playing full back

Carragher was restricted to the right-back position after scoring two own goals in a 3–2 home defeat to Manchester United early in the 1999–2000 season.[20] Houllier never again played him at centre-back
    Rafa finally made a player of him, although largely due to our set up the Sami alongside him and Alonso and Masch in front and he was 'good enough' but by no means a leading light for about 4 years
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 9th March 2021 at 09:33 PM.

Didn't skrtel score nearly as many in one season, iirc the season he scored a fair few in the right end too

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Didn't skrtel score nearly as many in one season, iirc the season he scored a fair few in the right end too
    Carra scored 4 goals in 700 appearances and 7 own goals, despite going up for every corner, that says it all

Alisson
    Trent Fabinho Philips Robbo
    Milner Gini Keita/Jones/Thiago
    Salah Jota Mane

Would love to have Fabinho rcm, but hes needed at the back still.
    Milner for the 90 rcm, Gini 6 and maybe Keita ahead of Jones & Thiago. Harsh on Jones that, not too bothered which of them play lcm

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Carra scored 4 goals in 700 appearances and 7 own goals, despite going up for every corner, that says it all
    I have it, at a quick glance
    Carra 8
    Skrtel 8 (4 in one season 13/14 - Scored 7 that year)