Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Your team v RB Leipzig (2nd leg)

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I have it, at a quick glance
    Carra 8
    Skrtel 8 (4 in one season 13/14 - Scored 7 that year)
    Yeah at least Skrtel wasn't in goal deficit after 700 appearances

One of our issues and where I believe we could improve that is really similar to when we had Carra, is when we don't have Matip alongside Virgil for defending and attacking set pieces, we only have one commanding header of the ball at defending and only one threat to the opposition goal on attacking set pieces

That's why I'm always banging on about our needing to sign another commanding CB in the summer and was screaming out for Matip to be given minutes to get him fit for Atletico last season
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

That's enough drama for the last 16 all in one game tonight, a nice 2-0 win on the night, 4-0 on aggregate will do very nicely tomorrow

Ali
    Trent kabak fab róbó.
    Thiago giní
    Mane naby lad Jones
    Mó.

Alisson

Trent Kabak Fabinho Robertson

Thiago Wijnaldum Milner/Jones

Salah Jota Mane

Let's do this! The quarter finals beckon

Need to watch their switches and field a side ready to deal with Leipzig playing as they started the first leg or playing 2 up top, they got their best chances in the last 10 of the first leg when Naglesman brought on Polsen (spell) and the quick lad and went 2 up top

Our lower press concentrated more in midfield with our front 3 just off their defence blocking their lines to play out and setting traps in conjunction with our midfield to try and nick the ball when they tried to worked a treat last time out

Great tribute to our incredible fans from Captain fantastic in his program notes ahead of tonight's game

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/428255-jordan-henderson-miss-fans-no-excuse-home-form

This has been a miserable year for everyone, with Jurgen and Big Bear both personally having suffered huge and tragic losses as sadly will have many of our fans whose stories we don't know and I'm sure all of our thoughts are with each and every one of them.

As great a part in our successes as our fans have played, the players and staff need to remember that THEY achieved those things, they were the one's on the pitch and in this year of all years they have to find it within themselves to do it for the fans who can't be with them and all those who are sadly no longer with us

For a great many fans, certainly for me personally, there has been precious little to look forward to, I'm not somehow protected and shielded and more comfortable because of the finances my profession afford me though this period, and my only highlight, the only thing I ever have to look forward to and do look forward to, not just this year, but for the past several years, is seeing my beloved reds take to the field and give their all in playing a game of football, it's all I have and all a great many people have.

We may not be able to be there with them, but every single one of us is still glued to our TV set, live stream, radio or live updates on whichever device for every minute of every game, willing them on, cheering them on with the same verocity as ever, with the belief they will give us just a little light in these dark times, a little lift, to put some cheer in our hearts, a smile on our face and a spring in our step for a few hours to a couple of days, by finding it within themselves to bring themselves to perform at the incredible and breath taking levels we have all becomed so accustomed to and getting a win.

Pressure is not going onto a football field in a good or bad run trying to get a result, it isn't match officials letting the opposition persistently foul you and looking to give the opposition something at every opportunity, it isn't losing an early goal from a stupid mistake when you've been struggling for goals, these aren't things that should make your head drop if you consider what so many of the fans who support you so fiercely, loyally and vehemently go through each and every day.

These things aren't pressure, they're minor inconveniences and should be something to embrace, look forward to, rise to the challenge of and make the very most of every minute and every situation of every time they get the opportunity to wear the famous Liverpool red and never lose sight that YOU the players have the power and all the incredible ability and togetherness you need to change all of that in any game you play.

Pressure is having to chose to heat or to eat, working every hour God sends to try and feed, clothe and keep warm your family and yourself and still having to go to the food bank, pressure is being trapped and helpless watching the small business you've built up over several years falling to ruin and crumbling under spiraling debt because you can't open your doors for business.

As brilliant as they are and as hard as they all have worked to get to the incredible level of footballing ability they possess, our players still need to appreciate just how lucky they are, and how any pressure, issue or problem they have or feel or encounter is nothing compared to the millions worldwide who love and support them and often forgo a number of things in order to be able to.

Tonight is an incredible opportunity for our lads to shine some much needed light for so many who otherwise have none as is each next game and every single time they set foot on a football field wearing the Liverpool red

Get the win lads
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 10th March 2021 at 07:30 PM.

#LFC line up v RB Leipzig: Alisson, Trent AA, Phillips, Kabak, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Thiago, Mane, Jota, Salah.

Subs: Adrian, H. Davies, Milner, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Tsimikas, Shaqiri, B. Davies, R. Williams, N.Williams
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Lots of match winners on our bench again I see.

Please for the love of god let Fabinho be in midfield, that's all i ask...
    You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Phillips, Kabak, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Thiago, Mane, Salah, Jota.

Subs: Adrian, H. Davies, Milner, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Tsimikas, Shaqiri, Origi, B. Davies, R. Williams, N. Williams.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Artisan View Post
    Please for the love of god let Fabinho be in midfield, that's all i ask...
    He should be given the team.